Robin Roberts Gives Update on Transplant
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 4
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
Robin Roberts revealed Tuesday that she'll undergo her bone marrow transplant this week and she assured fans that she's keeping her spirits up even though her body is weak.
The "Good Morning America" co-host wrote on her personal blog that the transplant -- during which she'll receive bone marrow from her sister Sally -- is scheduled for Thursday morning.
RELATED: Robin Roberts Departs 'GMA' for Medical Leave
"The start of last week went well but the daily chemo/treatment caught up to me by the weekend," she wrote. "My body is so weak but not my mind. YOU give me the courage to keep going."
RELATED: Robin Roberts' Mother Passes Away
Roberts said on Sunday she held a gathering at her apartment for "GMA family" members. "The next morning I walked through the hospital doors, with my guardian angels -- mom & dad -- back together and blazing a trail ahead of me." The newswoman's 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, passed away last month.
RELATED: Oprah to Fill in For Robin Roberts on 'GMA'
Roberts began a medical leave of absence from "Good Morning America" on Aug. 30 to prepare for the bone marrow transplant, which is intended to fend off the rare blood disorder Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) that she contracted during treatment for breast cancer.
The co-host's physician, Dr. Gail Roboz, is scheduled to appear on Thursday's "Good Morning America" to give an update on her condition.
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite