Robin Roberts Gives Update on Transplant
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 4
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Robin Roberts revealed Tuesday that she'll undergo her bone marrow transplant this week and she assured fans that she's keeping her spirits up even though her body is weak.
The "Good Morning America" co-host wrote on her personal blog that the transplant -- during which she'll receive bone marrow from her sister Sally -- is scheduled for Thursday morning.
RELATED: Robin Roberts Departs 'GMA' for Medical Leave
"The start of last week went well but the daily chemo/treatment caught up to me by the weekend," she wrote. "My body is so weak but not my mind. YOU give me the courage to keep going."
RELATED: Robin Roberts' Mother Passes Away
Roberts said on Sunday she held a gathering at her apartment for "GMA family" members. "The next morning I walked through the hospital doors, with my guardian angels -- mom & dad -- back together and blazing a trail ahead of me." The newswoman's 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, passed away last month.
RELATED: Oprah to Fill in For Robin Roberts on 'GMA'
Roberts began a medical leave of absence from "Good Morning America" on Aug. 30 to prepare for the bone marrow transplant, which is intended to fend off the rare blood disorder Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) that she contracted during treatment for breast cancer.
The co-host's physician, Dr. Gail Roboz, is scheduled to appear on Thursday's "Good Morning America" to give an update on her condition.
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite