Robin Roberts Gives Update on Transplant
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 4
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 4
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Robin Roberts revealed Tuesday that she'll undergo her bone marrow transplant this week and she assured fans that she's keeping her spirits up even though her body is weak.
The "Good Morning America" co-host wrote on her personal blog that the transplant -- during which she'll receive bone marrow from her sister Sally -- is scheduled for Thursday morning.
RELATED: Robin Roberts Departs 'GMA' for Medical Leave
"The start of last week went well but the daily chemo/treatment caught up to me by the weekend," she wrote. "My body is so weak but not my mind. YOU give me the courage to keep going."
RELATED: Robin Roberts' Mother Passes Away
Roberts said on Sunday she held a gathering at her apartment for "GMA family" members. "The next morning I walked through the hospital doors, with my guardian angels -- mom & dad -- back together and blazing a trail ahead of me." The newswoman's 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, passed away last month.
RELATED: Oprah to Fill in For Robin Roberts on 'GMA'
Roberts began a medical leave of absence from "Good Morning America" on Aug. 30 to prepare for the bone marrow transplant, which is intended to fend off the rare blood disorder Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) that she contracted during treatment for breast cancer.
The co-host's physician, Dr. Gail Roboz, is scheduled to appear on Thursday's "Good Morning America" to give an update on her condition.
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Feeling Great'
From Crowd Ignite