Robin Roberts moved to tears by fans' support after hospitalizationRelated: Robin Roberts
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/AP4 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.5 of 9
- Photo: ABC News/.6 of 9
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
Sixty days after her bone marrow transplant, "Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts says she was "moved to tears" by the outpouring of love and support she's received from fans and family alike.
Opening up in a blog post Nov. 18 about a weeklong hospital stay for a "tune-up" -- aimed at combatting a latent virus that did not respond to medication -- Roberts, 51, reassured fans that her minor setback was normal for patients recovering from transplants like hers.
"Our immune systems usually take care of a virus like this ... but mine is only 59 days old. Physically I felt fine but being back in the hospital took an emotional toll on me," Roberts, who received marrow donated by her sister, Sally-Ann, in September, wrote in her Sunday blog entry. "I decided to look at my brief stay as a 'tune up' ... and then I would be back on the road to recovery. By the grace of God, I am!"
Returning to her New York home Friday to recover with the help of her sister, Roberts now says the virus that led to her hospitalization is now under control. "My numbers are going back up!" she happily confirms.
Diagnosed with the rare blood disorder MDS earlier this year, the perpetually optimistic GMA anchor closed her blog entry by thanking fans for their support throughout her medical ordeal. "I've been moved to tears by my GMA family's [and your] genuine support, concern and love. X0," she wrote.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders for May 24, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 23, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Katy Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite