Robin Roberts recovering at home after another hospitalization
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: ABC News/.4 of 11
- Photo: ABC News/.5 of 11
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Robin Roberts is recovering at home after another stint in the hospital.
The "Good Morning America" anchor, who recently underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood disorder, began feeling sick again during a trip to Key West, Fla. last week, and told her Facebook friends on Thursday that she was readmitted to the hospital as a result.
The problem was "nothing serious," she assured fans in her message, noting that she planned to get back to work at "GMA" next week after some time at home.
Her announcement came shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing, which she explained she was unable to cover because of her health.
"My heart continues to go out to the remarkably strong people of Boston. We stand by you now and always," she wrote in the Facebook post. "It saddens me that I haven't been able to join my colleagues in covering this important story."
"Last week, in the middle of my Key West vacation, I began not to feel well. Nothing serious, just under the weather. I contacted my doctors and flew back to NYC. They felt it best to admit me into the hospital for a few days. Seems my young immune system needed a little boost to fight off 'opportunistic infections.'"
RELATED: Celebs attend Stand Up To Cancer
"My doctors assured me that this was NOT because I was working or doing too much, too soon. It's extremely common, post bone marrow transplant, to have complications. I'm blessed that mine have not been severe. I'm feeling MUCH better, and will relax at home for the rest of the week. I'll be back on GMA next week...as my sweet momma would say: 'Good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!'"
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite