Robin Roberts recovering at home after another hospitalization
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: ABC News/.4 of 11
- Photo: ABC News/.5 of 11
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Aereo Expanding to Baltimore Dec. 16MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:48:11 AM
- Conan Auditions for IHOP Commercials With Disastrous Results (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:28:45 AM
- Jon Stewart on Johnson & Johnson Scandal: You Can't Even Do That in 'GrandMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:27:20 AM
- 'Tim's Vermeer' Review: Penn & Teller's Doc a Magic Mix MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:13:06 AM
- 'GMA': Amy Robach Plans to Work Through Chemo (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:09:52 AM
- Aereo Expanding to Baltimore Dec. 16
Robin Roberts is recovering at home after another stint in the hospital.
The "Good Morning America" anchor, who recently underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood disorder, began feeling sick again during a trip to Key West, Fla. last week, and told her Facebook friends on Thursday that she was readmitted to the hospital as a result.
The problem was "nothing serious," she assured fans in her message, noting that she planned to get back to work at "GMA" next week after some time at home.
Her announcement came shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing, which she explained she was unable to cover because of her health.
"My heart continues to go out to the remarkably strong people of Boston. We stand by you now and always," she wrote in the Facebook post. "It saddens me that I haven't been able to join my colleagues in covering this important story."
"Last week, in the middle of my Key West vacation, I began not to feel well. Nothing serious, just under the weather. I contacted my doctors and flew back to NYC. They felt it best to admit me into the hospital for a few days. Seems my young immune system needed a little boost to fight off 'opportunistic infections.'"
RELATED: Celebs attend Stand Up To Cancer
"My doctors assured me that this was NOT because I was working or doing too much, too soon. It's extremely common, post bone marrow transplant, to have complications. I'm blessed that mine have not been severe. I'm feeling MUCH better, and will relax at home for the rest of the week. I'll be back on GMA next week...as my sweet momma would say: 'Good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!'"
Girls Night Out
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite