Robin Roberts recovering at home after another hospitalization
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: ABC News/.4 of 11
- Photo: ABC News/.5 of 11
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter LowMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:50:21 AM
- Estelle Parsons to appear on Broadway in springMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 8:11:36 AM
- Reactions to 71st annual Golden Globe nominationsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:57:53 AM
- Golden Globes Nominations by the NumbersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:47:34 AM
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:07:59 AM
- Ratings: NBC's 'Sing-Off' Sinks to Series' Winter Low
Robin Roberts is recovering at home after another stint in the hospital.
The "Good Morning America" anchor, who recently underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood disorder, began feeling sick again during a trip to Key West, Fla. last week, and told her Facebook friends on Thursday that she was readmitted to the hospital as a result.
The problem was "nothing serious," she assured fans in her message, noting that she planned to get back to work at "GMA" next week after some time at home.
Her announcement came shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing, which she explained she was unable to cover because of her health.
"My heart continues to go out to the remarkably strong people of Boston. We stand by you now and always," she wrote in the Facebook post. "It saddens me that I haven't been able to join my colleagues in covering this important story."
"Last week, in the middle of my Key West vacation, I began not to feel well. Nothing serious, just under the weather. I contacted my doctors and flew back to NYC. They felt it best to admit me into the hospital for a few days. Seems my young immune system needed a little boost to fight off 'opportunistic infections.'"
RELATED: Celebs attend Stand Up To Cancer
"My doctors assured me that this was NOT because I was working or doing too much, too soon. It's extremely common, post bone marrow transplant, to have complications. I'm blessed that mine have not been severe. I'm feeling MUCH better, and will relax at home for the rest of the week. I'll be back on GMA next week...as my sweet momma would say: 'Good Lord willing, and the creek don't rise!'"
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite