Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 3
- Photo: ABC News/.2 of 3
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Robin Roberts returned to the comfort of her New York home on Wednesday -- 30 days after checking into a hospital, and 21 days after she received a bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a rare blood disorder.
"Home Sweet Home. That has never had quite so much meaning before," the "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, wrote on her blog, which also featured photos of Roberts exiting the hospital with a face mask and protective gloves, and relaxing on her couch and gazing out the window.
To combat her MDS, doctors transplanted bone marrow donated by the veteran journalist's sister, Sally-Ann. "My doctors tell me her cells are making themselves right at home and with the grace of God, I pray that they will continue to do so," Roberts writes.
But, she points out, "This doesn’t mean that my journey is over. Far from it." The star's "GMA" hiatus will continue "until I'm given the all clear, but sleeping in my own bed feels like a big victory. My doctors will be monitoring me closely and I will still be at the hospital regularly to make sure we’re on the right track."
Thanking her "amazing medical team," Roberts also acknowledges the support of her fans. "I know it is your prayers and warm thoughts that have gotten me this far. I truly feel them each and every day. I humbly ask that you please continue to send them until you see me back at the GMA anchor desk and I promise to send them right back at ya."
She promises: "Each day I get stronger and stronger ... This too really shall pass."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite