Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 3
- Photo: ABC News/.2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
Robin Roberts returned to the comfort of her New York home on Wednesday -- 30 days after checking into a hospital, and 21 days after she received a bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a rare blood disorder.
"Home Sweet Home. That has never had quite so much meaning before," the "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, wrote on her blog, which also featured photos of Roberts exiting the hospital with a face mask and protective gloves, and relaxing on her couch and gazing out the window.
To combat her MDS, doctors transplanted bone marrow donated by the veteran journalist's sister, Sally-Ann. "My doctors tell me her cells are making themselves right at home and with the grace of God, I pray that they will continue to do so," Roberts writes.
But, she points out, "This doesn’t mean that my journey is over. Far from it." The star's "GMA" hiatus will continue "until I'm given the all clear, but sleeping in my own bed feels like a big victory. My doctors will be monitoring me closely and I will still be at the hospital regularly to make sure we’re on the right track."
Thanking her "amazing medical team," Roberts also acknowledges the support of her fans. "I know it is your prayers and warm thoughts that have gotten me this far. I truly feel them each and every day. I humbly ask that you please continue to send them until you see me back at the GMA anchor desk and I promise to send them right back at ya."
She promises: "Each day I get stronger and stronger ... This too really shall pass."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite