Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 3
- Photo: ABC News/.2 of 3
More Celeb News
- TLC Picks Up With 'Half-Ton Killer's' Life Post-Murder Acquittal (ExclusiMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:36:47 PM
- Time Warner Cable, This Is Why People Get Mad at You (Opinion)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:36:15 PM
- Sundance Competition Lineup Features Films Starring Kristen Stewart, Aaron Paul, Anne HathawayMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 12:59:17 PM
- HBO Lands Billy Crystal's Broadway Show '700 Sundays'MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 12:42:54 PM
- Rush Limbaugh Must Apologize to Pope Francis, Petition DemandsMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 12:13:04 PM
- TLC Picks Up With 'Half-Ton Killer's' Life Post-Murder Acquittal (Exclusi
Robin Roberts returned to the comfort of her New York home on Wednesday -- 30 days after checking into a hospital, and 21 days after she received a bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a rare blood disorder.
"Home Sweet Home. That has never had quite so much meaning before," the "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, wrote on her blog, which also featured photos of Roberts exiting the hospital with a face mask and protective gloves, and relaxing on her couch and gazing out the window.
To combat her MDS, doctors transplanted bone marrow donated by the veteran journalist's sister, Sally-Ann. "My doctors tell me her cells are making themselves right at home and with the grace of God, I pray that they will continue to do so," Roberts writes.
But, she points out, "This doesn’t mean that my journey is over. Far from it." The star's "GMA" hiatus will continue "until I'm given the all clear, but sleeping in my own bed feels like a big victory. My doctors will be monitoring me closely and I will still be at the hospital regularly to make sure we’re on the right track."
Thanking her "amazing medical team," Roberts also acknowledges the support of her fans. "I know it is your prayers and warm thoughts that have gotten me this far. I truly feel them each and every day. I humbly ask that you please continue to send them until you see me back at the GMA anchor desk and I promise to send them right back at ya."
She promises: "Each day I get stronger and stronger ... This too really shall pass."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Robin Roberts Returns Home After 30 Days in Hospital
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite