Robin Roberts Told to 'Gain a Little Weight' Before Transplant Next Week
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:09:00 PM
- 'Ironside' Star Paul Mitchell Dead at 71MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:33:28 AM
- Ooyala, ESPN's Web Video Provider, Raises $43 MillionMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:27:43 AM
- A&E Networks Rebranding Bio Channel to Lifestyle Channel FYIMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:09:52 AM
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:54:55 AM
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!
Us Weekly --Robin Roberts is under strict doctors' orders to rest, relax, and gain a little weight before undergoing her long-awaited bone marrow transplant the week of Sept. 10 in New York.
"Doctors' orders to put on a lil weight...that's a first," the beloved "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, joked via Twitter Thursday. "Transplant now scheduled for next week. Onward."
Roberts' return to her New York home base comes one week after her 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Roberts, passed away in Mississippi. Originally intending to begin preparations for her surgery immediately after the Labor Day holiday, Roberts put everything on hold, even beginning her "GMA" medical leave one day early, so she could be by her mother's side when she passed on Aug. 30.
"I find great comfort in knowing my mother lived an amazing life," Roberts blogged on Sept. 4. "To help me deal with my immense grief my family tells me momma gave me one final gift as her last act. She waited for me to get home on Thursday to say goodbye. She was there when I took my first breath and what a privilege to hold her sweet hand when she took her last breath."
As she and her family continue to mourn Lucimarian's passing, the anchor will now prepare to receive her sister Sally-Ann's bone marrow during a transplant at New York's famed Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
"When I return to NYC and walk through those hospital doors next week momma will be right there with me," Roberts blogged following her mother's funeral. "Momma found a way to be with me every step of the way on my journey. I am humbled by her selflessness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Tia Mowry-Hardrict chats motherhood, surviving child stardom, parenting advice for Duchess Kate and more with Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite