Robin Roberts Told to 'Gain a Little Weight' Before Transplant Next Week
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'
Us Weekly --Robin Roberts is under strict doctors' orders to rest, relax, and gain a little weight before undergoing her long-awaited bone marrow transplant the week of Sept. 10 in New York.
"Doctors' orders to put on a lil weight...that's a first," the beloved "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, joked via Twitter Thursday. "Transplant now scheduled for next week. Onward."
Roberts' return to her New York home base comes one week after her 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Roberts, passed away in Mississippi. Originally intending to begin preparations for her surgery immediately after the Labor Day holiday, Roberts put everything on hold, even beginning her "GMA" medical leave one day early, so she could be by her mother's side when she passed on Aug. 30.
"I find great comfort in knowing my mother lived an amazing life," Roberts blogged on Sept. 4. "To help me deal with my immense grief my family tells me momma gave me one final gift as her last act. She waited for me to get home on Thursday to say goodbye. She was there when I took my first breath and what a privilege to hold her sweet hand when she took her last breath."
As she and her family continue to mourn Lucimarian's passing, the anchor will now prepare to receive her sister Sally-Ann's bone marrow during a transplant at New York's famed Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
"When I return to NYC and walk through those hospital doors next week momma will be right there with me," Roberts blogged following her mother's funeral. "Momma found a way to be with me every step of the way on my journey. I am humbled by her selflessness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite