Robin Roberts Told to 'Gain a Little Weight' Before Transplant Next Week
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious MaidsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:37:00 AM
- Idris Elba and Girlfriend Welcome SonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Aereo CEO 'Hoping for a Clear Decision' From Supreme CourtMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Parenthood Season Finale Recap: Amber and Ryan's New Obstacle and Haddie's Big SecMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:41:00 AM
- Parks and Recreation Finale Enlists Workaholics' Blake AndersonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:23:00 AM
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious Maids
Us Weekly --Robin Roberts is under strict doctors' orders to rest, relax, and gain a little weight before undergoing her long-awaited bone marrow transplant the week of Sept. 10 in New York.
"Doctors' orders to put on a lil weight...that's a first," the beloved "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, joked via Twitter Thursday. "Transplant now scheduled for next week. Onward."
Roberts' return to her New York home base comes one week after her 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Roberts, passed away in Mississippi. Originally intending to begin preparations for her surgery immediately after the Labor Day holiday, Roberts put everything on hold, even beginning her "GMA" medical leave one day early, so she could be by her mother's side when she passed on Aug. 30.
"I find great comfort in knowing my mother lived an amazing life," Roberts blogged on Sept. 4. "To help me deal with my immense grief my family tells me momma gave me one final gift as her last act. She waited for me to get home on Thursday to say goodbye. She was there when I took my first breath and what a privilege to hold her sweet hand when she took her last breath."
As she and her family continue to mourn Lucimarian's passing, the anchor will now prepare to receive her sister Sally-Ann's bone marrow during a transplant at New York's famed Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
"When I return to NYC and walk through those hospital doors next week momma will be right there with me," Roberts blogged following her mother's funeral. "Momma found a way to be with me every step of the way on my journey. I am humbled by her selflessness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite