Robin Roberts Told to 'Gain a Little Weight' Before Transplant Next Week
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Cannes: Critics All Over the Map on James Gray's 'Immigrant' but Love MarMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:10:59 PM
- Blake Shelton heads home to Oklahoma to stage benefit gigMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:02:40 PM
- 'Only God Forgives' Director Responds to Boos of His Ryan Gosling Thriller MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 1:57:56 PM
- Want to See 'Fast & the Furious 6' in IMAX? There's Only 1 ChoiceMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 1:53:49 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)
Us Weekly --Robin Roberts is under strict doctors' orders to rest, relax, and gain a little weight before undergoing her long-awaited bone marrow transplant the week of Sept. 10 in New York.
"Doctors' orders to put on a lil weight...that's a first," the beloved "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, joked via Twitter Thursday. "Transplant now scheduled for next week. Onward."
Roberts' return to her New York home base comes one week after her 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Roberts, passed away in Mississippi. Originally intending to begin preparations for her surgery immediately after the Labor Day holiday, Roberts put everything on hold, even beginning her "GMA" medical leave one day early, so she could be by her mother's side when she passed on Aug. 30.
"I find great comfort in knowing my mother lived an amazing life," Roberts blogged on Sept. 4. "To help me deal with my immense grief my family tells me momma gave me one final gift as her last act. She waited for me to get home on Thursday to say goodbye. She was there when I took my first breath and what a privilege to hold her sweet hand when she took her last breath."
As she and her family continue to mourn Lucimarian's passing, the anchor will now prepare to receive her sister Sally-Ann's bone marrow during a transplant at New York's famed Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
"When I return to NYC and walk through those hospital doors next week momma will be right there with me," Roberts blogged following her mother's funeral. "Momma found a way to be with me every step of the way on my journey. I am humbled by her selflessness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Tori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite