Robin Roberts Told to 'Gain a Little Weight' Before Transplant Next Week
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Us Weekly --Robin Roberts is under strict doctors' orders to rest, relax, and gain a little weight before undergoing her long-awaited bone marrow transplant the week of Sept. 10 in New York.
"Doctors' orders to put on a lil weight...that's a first," the beloved "Good Morning America" anchor, 51, joked via Twitter Thursday. "Transplant now scheduled for next week. Onward."
Roberts' return to her New York home base comes one week after her 88-year-old mother, Lucimarian Roberts, passed away in Mississippi. Originally intending to begin preparations for her surgery immediately after the Labor Day holiday, Roberts put everything on hold, even beginning her "GMA" medical leave one day early, so she could be by her mother's side when she passed on Aug. 30.
"I find great comfort in knowing my mother lived an amazing life," Roberts blogged on Sept. 4. "To help me deal with my immense grief my family tells me momma gave me one final gift as her last act. She waited for me to get home on Thursday to say goodbye. She was there when I took my first breath and what a privilege to hold her sweet hand when she took her last breath."
As she and her family continue to mourn Lucimarian's passing, the anchor will now prepare to receive her sister Sally-Ann's bone marrow during a transplant at New York's famed Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
"When I return to NYC and walk through those hospital doors next week momma will be right there with me," Roberts blogged following her mother's funeral. "Momma found a way to be with me every step of the way on my journey. I am humbled by her selflessness."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite