Ronnie of "Jersey Shore" arrested
- Photo: MTV/.1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: MTV/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: MAP / NS/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awards
Looks like the "Jersey Shore" kids aren't just on the receiving end of fist fights in Seaside Heights.
The "Jersey Shore" guys are better known for their more friendly fist-pumping in the clubs of their New Jersey vacation town. But cast member Ronnie Magro took it too far when his fists began flying outside a Jersey Shore club.
According to People, Ronnie was arrested for aggravated assault following an altercation caught by MTV cameras back in September 2009.
The 24-year-old told People that the charges have since been dismissed, but he had spent a few hours in jail and paid $600 in bail.
“I definitely felt out of place,” Ronnie said about his ordeal. “It's definitely a place I never want to go back to again. Definitely a lesson learned.”
According to Ronnie, the fight erupted after an unidentified male yelled offensive comments and allegedly spat on him,.
“I really don't feel bad for the altercations that I did get into in Seaside because I'm really not a person who likes to fight,” Ron explained to People. “He was just being a drunk jerk, saw the camera… [and] I think he chased us down like two blocks or something like that. At that point, you're like, ‘What am I gonna do?'”
Ronnie was also involved in a separate fight, which will be featured on the January 7 episode of the show.
“You'll see throughout the show, we do go out and if we do get into an altercation, it's us just defending ourselves or reacting to somebody else,” he told the magazine. “People [were] out of hand and I regret getting arrested. I don't regret having the fight.”
People also reports that although Ronnie said the charges were dismissed, Mike Mohl, chief of detectives with the Ocean County prosecutor's office, claims that the case is currently under review.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite