Rosie O'Donnell: How Hormone Injections Changed My Life
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: WENN7 of 13
- Photo: © Louis Burgis/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: PS3/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Comic Book Overload: Why TV Has Gone to the SuperheroesMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:09:00 AM
- Paula Deen Returns to 'Today' Show After N-Word Fiasco to Apologize and Make Some MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Black-ish' Creator Goes for Specific Stereotypes While Telling a Universal StoryMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:00:00 AM
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' EP on Saturating Market With Too Many Spinoffs: 'TherMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Top Chef Winner Ilan Hall Gets Down and Dirty on Knife FightMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:15:00 AM
- Comic Book Overload: Why TV Has Gone to the Superheroes
Rosie O'Donnell wasn't always so rosy.
The 49-year-old actress and talk show host credits hormone injections for improving her outlook on life and enabling her to "function more normally."
"I had, like, zero estrogen," O'Donnell tells Oprah Winfrey in the October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. "And since I got [hormone injections], I've been able to function more normally. I've stopped being so angry. You know, I think I had a lot more rage than I was aware of. But I've gotten back access to my other feelings. I'm not cut off from my emotions anymore."
The mom of four says she's always known she wanted to be a parent. "The truth is, I'm a little socially awkward -- with adults, I still need Relationship 101," she says. "But I was always comfortable around kids and always wanted a family of my own."
O'Donnell was married to Kelli Carpenter from 2004 to 2007; the duo are parents to Parker, 16, Chelsea, 14, Blake, 12, and Vivienne, 9. In 2009, O'Donnell was seen with her new girlfriend Tracy Kachtick-Anders, an artist. In February, Anderson and Kachtick-Anders reportedly split, but in April, O'Donnell confirmed on her radio show that their relationship was intact. "We didn't really break up," she said. "She just has six kids... And I have four. It's insanity."
The Harriet the Spy star's new talk show, The Rosie Show, premieres on OWN Oct. 10.
Read Oprah's full interview with Rosie in the October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, on newsstands September 13th.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite