Rosie O'Donnell: How Hormone Injections Changed My Life
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: WENN7 of 13
- Photo: © Louis Burgis/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: PS3/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Rosie O'Donnell wasn't always so rosy.
The 49-year-old actress and talk show host credits hormone injections for improving her outlook on life and enabling her to "function more normally."
"I had, like, zero estrogen," O'Donnell tells Oprah Winfrey in the October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. "And since I got [hormone injections], I've been able to function more normally. I've stopped being so angry. You know, I think I had a lot more rage than I was aware of. But I've gotten back access to my other feelings. I'm not cut off from my emotions anymore."
The mom of four says she's always known she wanted to be a parent. "The truth is, I'm a little socially awkward -- with adults, I still need Relationship 101," she says. "But I was always comfortable around kids and always wanted a family of my own."
O'Donnell was married to Kelli Carpenter from 2004 to 2007; the duo are parents to Parker, 16, Chelsea, 14, Blake, 12, and Vivienne, 9. In 2009, O'Donnell was seen with her new girlfriend Tracy Kachtick-Anders, an artist. In February, Anderson and Kachtick-Anders reportedly split, but in April, O'Donnell confirmed on her radio show that their relationship was intact. "We didn't really break up," she said. "She just has six kids... And I have four. It's insanity."
The Harriet the Spy star's new talk show, The Rosie Show, premieres on OWN Oct. 10.
Read Oprah's full interview with Rosie in the October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, on newsstands September 13th.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite