Rosie O'Donnell: How Hormone Injections Changed My Life
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: WENN7 of 13
- Photo: © Louis Burgis/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: PS3/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Rosie O'Donnell wasn't always so rosy.
The 49-year-old actress and talk show host credits hormone injections for improving her outlook on life and enabling her to "function more normally."
"I had, like, zero estrogen," O'Donnell tells Oprah Winfrey in the October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. "And since I got [hormone injections], I've been able to function more normally. I've stopped being so angry. You know, I think I had a lot more rage than I was aware of. But I've gotten back access to my other feelings. I'm not cut off from my emotions anymore."
The mom of four says she's always known she wanted to be a parent. "The truth is, I'm a little socially awkward -- with adults, I still need Relationship 101," she says. "But I was always comfortable around kids and always wanted a family of my own."
O'Donnell was married to Kelli Carpenter from 2004 to 2007; the duo are parents to Parker, 16, Chelsea, 14, Blake, 12, and Vivienne, 9. In 2009, O'Donnell was seen with her new girlfriend Tracy Kachtick-Anders, an artist. In February, Anderson and Kachtick-Anders reportedly split, but in April, O'Donnell confirmed on her radio show that their relationship was intact. "We didn't really break up," she said. "She just has six kids... And I have four. It's insanity."
The Harriet the Spy star's new talk show, The Rosie Show, premieres on OWN Oct. 10.
Read Oprah's full interview with Rosie in the October issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, on newsstands September 13th.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite