Rosie O'Donnell Thanks Fans After Heart Attack, Eats Grape-Nuts
- Photo: Timothy Hiatt/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Carolyn Contino / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 11
- Photo: David J. Phillip/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Rosie O'Donnell is taking time to stop and smell the roses -- and to eat Grape-Nuts -- after suffering a heart attack last week.
After revealing her health scare Monday on her website, the 50-year-old comedienne tweeted a photo of herself to fans to show she's doing well.
"Listening to Barry Manilow -- painting -- feeling good -- Life," she tweeted Tuesday with a snapshot of herself smiling on a sunny day. O'Donnell also shared two closeup shots of roses sent by her supporters. "Some beautiful flowers . . . thank you."
Earlier in the day, O'Donnell wrote, "Good morning all -- thanks for all the good wishes! Happy -- grateful." Along with the note, the star shared a photo of the "good for your heart" label on a box of Grape-Nuts cereal.
On Monday, O'Donnell revealed on her website that after helping an "enormous woman" out of her car last week, she "had an ache in my chest, both my arms were sore, everything felt bruised." After visiting a cardiologist, O'Donnell learned she had suffered a myocardial infarction (heart attack).
"The doctor did an EKG and sent me to the hospital where a stent was put in. My LAD [left anterior descending coronary artery] was 99% blocked," she explained. "They call this type of heart attack the Widow maker. I am lucky to be here."
"Know the symptoms ladies. Listen to the voice inside, the one we all so easily ignore," O'Donnell warned. "Call 911. Save yourself."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From Miranda and Orlando to the Jenners, see some of Hollywood's most amicable exes on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite