Rosie O'Donnell Thanks Fans After Heart Attack, Eats Grape-Nuts
- Photo: Timothy Hiatt/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Carolyn Contino / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 11
- Photo: David J. Phillip/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Khaled Hosseini's new book is another tear-jerkerMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 5:44:44 AM
- Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio Near 'X Factor' Judging DealsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 8:35:36 PM
- Cannes Diary: In The Downpour, the Coens Connect but Market Can't Get Traction MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:10:53 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- Khaled Hosseini's new book is another tear-jerker
Rosie O'Donnell is taking time to stop and smell the roses -- and to eat Grape-Nuts -- after suffering a heart attack last week.
After revealing her health scare Monday on her website, the 50-year-old comedienne tweeted a photo of herself to fans to show she's doing well.
"Listening to Barry Manilow -- painting -- feeling good -- Life," she tweeted Tuesday with a snapshot of herself smiling on a sunny day. O'Donnell also shared two closeup shots of roses sent by her supporters. "Some beautiful flowers . . . thank you."
Earlier in the day, O'Donnell wrote, "Good morning all -- thanks for all the good wishes! Happy -- grateful." Along with the note, the star shared a photo of the "good for your heart" label on a box of Grape-Nuts cereal.
On Monday, O'Donnell revealed on her website that after helping an "enormous woman" out of her car last week, she "had an ache in my chest, both my arms were sore, everything felt bruised." After visiting a cardiologist, O'Donnell learned she had suffered a myocardial infarction (heart attack).
"The doctor did an EKG and sent me to the hospital where a stent was put in. My LAD [left anterior descending coronary artery] was 99% blocked," she explained. "They call this type of heart attack the Widow maker. I am lucky to be here."
"Know the symptoms ladies. Listen to the voice inside, the one we all so easily ignore," O'Donnell warned. "Call 911. Save yourself."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite