Rosie O'Donnell Thanks Fans After Heart Attack, Eats Grape-Nuts
- Photo: Timothy Hiatt/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Carolyn Contino / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 11
- Photo: David J. Phillip/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Rosie O'Donnell is taking time to stop and smell the roses -- and to eat Grape-Nuts -- after suffering a heart attack last week.
After revealing her health scare Monday on her website, the 50-year-old comedienne tweeted a photo of herself to fans to show she's doing well.
"Listening to Barry Manilow -- painting -- feeling good -- Life," she tweeted Tuesday with a snapshot of herself smiling on a sunny day. O'Donnell also shared two closeup shots of roses sent by her supporters. "Some beautiful flowers . . . thank you."
Earlier in the day, O'Donnell wrote, "Good morning all -- thanks for all the good wishes! Happy -- grateful." Along with the note, the star shared a photo of the "good for your heart" label on a box of Grape-Nuts cereal.
On Monday, O'Donnell revealed on her website that after helping an "enormous woman" out of her car last week, she "had an ache in my chest, both my arms were sore, everything felt bruised." After visiting a cardiologist, O'Donnell learned she had suffered a myocardial infarction (heart attack).
"The doctor did an EKG and sent me to the hospital where a stent was put in. My LAD [left anterior descending coronary artery] was 99% blocked," she explained. "They call this type of heart attack the Widow maker. I am lucky to be here."
"Know the symptoms ladies. Listen to the voice inside, the one we all so easily ignore," O'Donnell warned. "Call 911. Save yourself."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite