Rosie O'Donnell Thanks Fans After Heart Attack, Eats Grape-Nuts
- Photo: Timothy Hiatt/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Carolyn Contino / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Sands/Bauer-Griffin7 of 11
- Photo: David J. Phillip/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Rosie O'Donnell is taking time to stop and smell the roses -- and to eat Grape-Nuts -- after suffering a heart attack last week.
After revealing her health scare Monday on her website, the 50-year-old comedienne tweeted a photo of herself to fans to show she's doing well.
"Listening to Barry Manilow -- painting -- feeling good -- Life," she tweeted Tuesday with a snapshot of herself smiling on a sunny day. O'Donnell also shared two closeup shots of roses sent by her supporters. "Some beautiful flowers . . . thank you."
Earlier in the day, O'Donnell wrote, "Good morning all -- thanks for all the good wishes! Happy -- grateful." Along with the note, the star shared a photo of the "good for your heart" label on a box of Grape-Nuts cereal.
On Monday, O'Donnell revealed on her website that after helping an "enormous woman" out of her car last week, she "had an ache in my chest, both my arms were sore, everything felt bruised." After visiting a cardiologist, O'Donnell learned she had suffered a myocardial infarction (heart attack).
"The doctor did an EKG and sent me to the hospital where a stent was put in. My LAD [left anterior descending coronary artery] was 99% blocked," she explained. "They call this type of heart attack the Widow maker. I am lucky to be here."
"Know the symptoms ladies. Listen to the voice inside, the one we all so easily ignore," O'Donnell warned. "Call 911. Save yourself."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite