Ryan Murphy Says He Secretly Got Married Months Ago
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Paul Rudd in Early Talks to Play Ant-Man in Edgar Wright's Marvel Movie (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 4:49:52 PM
- Marcia Cross Joins Nahnatchka Khan, Fox's 'Fatrick'MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 4:45:31 PM
- Washington Post Hacked Again This Time Servers Were BreachedMSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 4:35:11 PM
- With IMG Deal, WME Surpasses CAA in Size - But at What Cost?MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 3:34:36 PM
- The Black List, Cassian Elwes Pick Their Sundance Companion: Matthew Hickman (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 2:57:59 PM
- Paul Rudd in Early Talks to Play Ant-Man in Edgar Wright's Marvel Movie (Exclusive)
"Glee" creator Ryan Murphy is a married man after secretly exchanging vows with his fiance David Miller in July 2012.
RELATED: Who Said It? 'Glee' Edition
The TV director wed his boyfriend of two years on July 4 in Provincetown, Mass., and Murphy is convinced his romance with the photographer has changed him for the better.
He tells Vogue, "He's the Rock of Gibraltar. Incredibly kind and very wise and not interested in celebrity or money or fame. Just family and love. The very thing I needed at a point in my life when I was like a balloon with no tether. He was like, 'Sit down. Shut the f--- up. You're wrong. Be humble. Be smarter. Stop.' That was David.";
And the Golden Globe winner reveals that the newlyweds, who got engaged last year, are already thinking about starting a family.
He adds, "We both had really difficult, tumultuous upbringings, and it's ... not a way to heal that ... but definitely a way to explore it ... I want the kid to be bold."
But he worries children will exacerbate his obsessive compulsive disorder, joking, "I worry about that! I have really bad OCD. My thing, since I was a child, is that I can have chaos within control. So if I have a desk, I art-direct the pens, and then I can be a whirling dervish."
However, Murphy's leading lady on the hit musical comedy "Glee," Lea Michele, has no doubt the pair will be good parents. "I know that deep down they are going to be the most incredible parents," she said. "I am incredibly jealous that I am not their daughter. Because the Murphy household would be my dream."
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart show off pictures and video of their recent vacation in Rome on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey, Cameron Diaz and more stars romp in the snow on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"Shahs of Sunset" star Reza Farahan talks about his recent outburst on the show, the future with his boyfriend Adam and more!Watch Video »
Fountain of Youth
Usher shows off his impossibly young face and chiseled shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT2013 Goodbyes
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite