Ryan O'Neal Wore Farrah Fawcett T-Shirt on Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: JuanSharma/Bruja/Pacific Coast News1 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
It's been three years since Farrah Fawcett passed away, and her longtime love Ryan O'Neal is doing everything in his power to make sure she isn't forgotten.
On the anniversary of her June 25, 2009 passing (which happened to be the same day Michael Jackson died), O'Neal donned a T-shirt bearing an image of a radiant, youthful Fawcett during her "Charlie's Angels" days.
The former pinup girl died at the age of 62 after a two-and-a-half-year battle with cancer. She and O'Neal were together from 1979 until 1997. They welcomed a son, Redmond, in 1985.
Fawcett and O'Neal split after the actress witnessed her partner cheating on her with a younger woman, though they reconnected in 2006, just a year before Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer.
"I stayed as close to her as I could," O'Neal told USA Today in April. "And she needed me."
In his memoir about their relationship, "Both of Us: My Life With Farrah," O'Neal, who is currently battling stage 2 prostate cancer, discusses why they never tied the knot.
"I wish we had, but we were rebels," he writes. He also says he's convinced one day, he and Fawcett will be reunited. "She is why I don't fear passing," O'Neal, 71, shared. "I know she's waiting for me."
Farrah Fawcett fans can support The Farrah Fawcett Foundation by purchasing a $24 Farrah Fawcett T-shirt like O'Neal's (available at Urban Outfitters). A portion of the proceeds go to cancer research. For more information, visit The Farrah Fawcett Foundation's page on Facebook.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite