Ryan O'Neal Wore Farrah Fawcett T-Shirt on Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: JuanSharma/Bruja/Pacific Coast News1 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
It's been three years since Farrah Fawcett passed away, and her longtime love Ryan O'Neal is doing everything in his power to make sure she isn't forgotten.
On the anniversary of her June 25, 2009 passing (which happened to be the same day Michael Jackson died), O'Neal donned a T-shirt bearing an image of a radiant, youthful Fawcett during her "Charlie's Angels" days.
The former pinup girl died at the age of 62 after a two-and-a-half-year battle with cancer. She and O'Neal were together from 1979 until 1997. They welcomed a son, Redmond, in 1985.
Fawcett and O'Neal split after the actress witnessed her partner cheating on her with a younger woman, though they reconnected in 2006, just a year before Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer.
"I stayed as close to her as I could," O'Neal told USA Today in April. "And she needed me."
In his memoir about their relationship, "Both of Us: My Life With Farrah," O'Neal, who is currently battling stage 2 prostate cancer, discusses why they never tied the knot.
"I wish we had, but we were rebels," he writes. He also says he's convinced one day, he and Fawcett will be reunited. "She is why I don't fear passing," O'Neal, 71, shared. "I know she's waiting for me."
Farrah Fawcett fans can support The Farrah Fawcett Foundation by purchasing a $24 Farrah Fawcett T-shirt like O'Neal's (available at Urban Outfitters). A portion of the proceeds go to cancer research. For more information, visit The Farrah Fawcett Foundation's page on Facebook.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite