Ryan O'Neal Wore Farrah Fawcett T-Shirt on Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: JuanSharma/Bruja/Pacific Coast News1 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Matt Rourke/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
It's been three years since Farrah Fawcett passed away, and her longtime love Ryan O'Neal is doing everything in his power to make sure she isn't forgotten.
On the anniversary of her June 25, 2009 passing (which happened to be the same day Michael Jackson died), O'Neal donned a T-shirt bearing an image of a radiant, youthful Fawcett during her "Charlie's Angels" days.
The former pinup girl died at the age of 62 after a two-and-a-half-year battle with cancer. She and O'Neal were together from 1979 until 1997. They welcomed a son, Redmond, in 1985.
Fawcett and O'Neal split after the actress witnessed her partner cheating on her with a younger woman, though they reconnected in 2006, just a year before Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer.
"I stayed as close to her as I could," O'Neal told USA Today in April. "And she needed me."
In his memoir about their relationship, "Both of Us: My Life With Farrah," O'Neal, who is currently battling stage 2 prostate cancer, discusses why they never tied the knot.
"I wish we had, but we were rebels," he writes. He also says he's convinced one day, he and Fawcett will be reunited. "She is why I don't fear passing," O'Neal, 71, shared. "I know she's waiting for me."
Farrah Fawcett fans can support The Farrah Fawcett Foundation by purchasing a $24 Farrah Fawcett T-shirt like O'Neal's (available at Urban Outfitters). A portion of the proceeds go to cancer research. For more information, visit The Farrah Fawcett Foundation's page on Facebook.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite