'Sad and Gloomy' Kris Humphries Back in New York
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: DS7/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: INB/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News5 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com6 of 20
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: POA/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com//.9 of 20
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.10 of 20
- Photo: DHJ/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: POA/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Brian Prahl / Splash News/Splash News13 of 20
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks14 of 20
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.15 of 20
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.16 of 20
- Photo: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM/.17 of 20
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com18 of 20
- Photo: INB/ Ivan Nikolov/http://www.wenn.com/19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'Top Chef' Season 12 to Premiere in OctoberMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Bill Murray Comedy 'Rock the Kasbah' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:32:00 AM
- Seth Meyers Gears Up to Host the Emmy Awards MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:32:00 AM
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Tom Lesinski Forms Energi EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:21:00 AM
- Miles Teller on Lending Clothes to Hook-Ups: 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back' (PhMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:17:00 AM
- 'Top Chef' Season 12 to Premiere in October
Big boys do cry.
Two weeks after Kim Kardashian filed for divorce, Kris Humphries was photographed landing in New York on Monday. It wasn't exactly a joyful homecoming for the out-of-work NBA star, 26, who had shared a posh downtown apartment with Kardashian, 31, in happier times.
Later that night, an onlooker spotted the newly single athlete dining with pals at Serafina, where he and Kardashian were once regulars.
"Kris looked so depressed," the observer tells Us Weekly. "He looked like he was going to cry in his pizza, sat at the same table he used to sit with Kim." (The New York Post's Page Six reports that the basketball player, now a free agent, has a Tuesday business meeting with the CEO of jewelry company CIRCA, Chris Del Gatto.)
Humphries has claimed he was "devastated" and blindsided by Kardashian's Halloween divorce filing; the pair had a brief reunion in his hometown of Lake Minnetonka, Minn., two weekends ago, where they reached "closure" for their relationship, according to a source.
But Humphries is still hurting. "He looked so sad and gloomy. Not the happy Kris who used to tease and laugh with Kim at that table," the Serafina observer says of his Monday night nosh. "His friends looked like they were giving him encouragement ... they were trying to cheer him up."
Still, another Kardashian pal tells Us that the split did not come as a shock to Humphries, despite his public claims. "Kris and Kim spoke about breaking up many times ... He was not blindsided by the divorce, just by the filing on that exact date."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite