Sam Champion of 'Good Morning America' Weds Rubem Robierb
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks4 of 6
- Photo: ABC/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Sam Champion is a married man!
The "Good Morning America" weatherman tied the knot in New York on Friday with longtime boyfriend Rubem Robierb.
When Champion's "GMA" pal Lara Spencer asked him if he was nervous about the big day, the good-humored weatherman replied, "The whole family is at the house right now, so I should be able to walk in and have everything [done]."
Other members of the GMA team, including Robin Roberts and Josh Elliott, were also on-hand to celebrate the couple's happy union.
N.Y. State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver conducted the ceremony, which took place Friday afternoon, and Roberts, who is currently recovering from a bone marrow transplant, recited a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
Champion's married costars couldn't resist offering a few pieces of advice as well.
"Be present in every single moment," Elizabeth Vargas advised him. "As big as today is, it's the rest of your life that is really amazing."
The couple met several years ago in Miami after being introduced by mutual friends. Robierb is a professional fine-arts photographer who divides his work Miami, Atlanta, New York and Santa Monica.
Champion and Robierb, 35, announced their engagement in October. "We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes," Champion shared in a statement. (The engagement news was also Champion's understated way of coming out publicly as gay.)
In December, Champion told Us Weekly that their wedding would be a "tiny, tiny" affair.
"What I'm most excited about is [my fiance] and the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with him," Champion, 51, told Us. "Because I think he's the most amazing person in the world."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite