Sam Champion of 'Good Morning America' Weds Rubem Robierb
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks4 of 6
- Photo: ABC/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: Naked DatingMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:22:00 AM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Watch This Tonight: Naked Dating
Sam Champion is a married man!
The "Good Morning America" weatherman tied the knot in New York on Friday with longtime boyfriend Rubem Robierb.
When Champion's "GMA" pal Lara Spencer asked him if he was nervous about the big day, the good-humored weatherman replied, "The whole family is at the house right now, so I should be able to walk in and have everything [done]."
Other members of the GMA team, including Robin Roberts and Josh Elliott, were also on-hand to celebrate the couple's happy union.
N.Y. State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver conducted the ceremony, which took place Friday afternoon, and Roberts, who is currently recovering from a bone marrow transplant, recited a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
Champion's married costars couldn't resist offering a few pieces of advice as well.
"Be present in every single moment," Elizabeth Vargas advised him. "As big as today is, it's the rest of your life that is really amazing."
The couple met several years ago in Miami after being introduced by mutual friends. Robierb is a professional fine-arts photographer who divides his work Miami, Atlanta, New York and Santa Monica.
Champion and Robierb, 35, announced their engagement in October. "We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes," Champion shared in a statement. (The engagement news was also Champion's understated way of coming out publicly as gay.)
In December, Champion told Us Weekly that their wedding would be a "tiny, tiny" affair.
"What I'm most excited about is [my fiance] and the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with him," Champion, 51, told Us. "Because I think he's the most amazing person in the world."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite