Sam Champion of 'Good Morning America' Weds Rubem Robierb
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks4 of 6
- Photo: ABC/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Pretty Little Liars Boss: Finale Sets Up Season 5 to Feel Like a Whole New Show MSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:16:00 PM
- Sailor in Iconic End-of-World War II Kissing Photo DeadMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Stooges Drummer Scott Asheton Dead, Iggy Pop SaysMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Producers and Cast Talk Finale, Season 5 and Caleb'MSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:38:00 PM
- Bachelor Vet Elizabeth Kitt Weds Bachelorette Alum Ty BrownMSNEntertainment 3/16/2014 3:31:00 PM
- Pretty Little Liars Boss: Finale Sets Up Season 5 to Feel Like a Whole New Show
Sam Champion is a married man!
The "Good Morning America" weatherman tied the knot in New York on Friday with longtime boyfriend Rubem Robierb.
When Champion's "GMA" pal Lara Spencer asked him if he was nervous about the big day, the good-humored weatherman replied, "The whole family is at the house right now, so I should be able to walk in and have everything [done]."
Other members of the GMA team, including Robin Roberts and Josh Elliott, were also on-hand to celebrate the couple's happy union.
N.Y. State Supreme Court Justice George J. Silver conducted the ceremony, which took place Friday afternoon, and Roberts, who is currently recovering from a bone marrow transplant, recited a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
Champion's married costars couldn't resist offering a few pieces of advice as well.
"Be present in every single moment," Elizabeth Vargas advised him. "As big as today is, it's the rest of your life that is really amazing."
The couple met several years ago in Miami after being introduced by mutual friends. Robierb is a professional fine-arts photographer who divides his work Miami, Atlanta, New York and Santa Monica.
Champion and Robierb, 35, announced their engagement in October. "We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes," Champion shared in a statement. (The engagement news was also Champion's understated way of coming out publicly as gay.)
In December, Champion told Us Weekly that their wedding would be a "tiny, tiny" affair.
"What I'm most excited about is [my fiance] and the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with him," Champion, 51, told Us. "Because I think he's the most amazing person in the world."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Paris Hilton flaunts her new real estate development, the Paris Beach Club, on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
The Kardashian sisters take Miami in style on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rita Ora, Kristen Bell, and Britney Spears all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the controversy surrounding the "Bachelor" Juan Pablo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite