Sarah Michelle Gellar on her second child: 'I think it's easier'
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet1 of 24
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet2 of 24
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet3 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/GSI4 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/Wonderwall5 of 24
- Photo: RCF/Bauer-Griffin6 of 24
- Photo: XYF/ZOJ/WENN7 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/GSI8 of 24
- Photo: Ari Perilstein/Getty Images North America9 of 24
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage10 of 24
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN11 of 24
- Photo: MOE/Fame Flynet12 of 24
- Photo: Brabus/Pacific Coast News13 of 24
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet14 of 24
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.15 of 24
- Photo: Alex J. Berliner/.16 of 24
- Photo: FS2/WENN17 of 24
- Photo: c.Columbia/Everett / Rex USA/Rex USA18 of 24
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP19 of 24
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet20 of 24
- Photo: SPOT/GSI21 of 24
- Photo: GEVA/GSI22 of 24
- Photo: Fame Flynet23 of 24
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
By Molly McGonigle, Reporting by Scott Huver
Sarah Michelle Gellar really is an anomaly in Hollywood. She's been married to Freddie Prinze Jr. for 11 years. They have two kids together, Charlotte, almost 4, and Rocky, almost 1. And through the expansion of her family, she's been able to have a career that spans three decades. It's downright impressive.
While out promoting her CBS comedy, "The Crazy Ones," Sarah Michelle Gellar admitted that being a working mom with two young kids presents actresses with some unique challenges.
"I was still breast feeding on the pilot [of 'The Crazy Ones'], so they would like take breaks," she said about the directors working around her newborn's schedule. "They would joke that when my outfit stopped fitting me during the day, it was time to take a break and let Sarah go back to her trailer. So it took a village."
And while she had to adjust to having another child, she said that the second one was a lot less scary. "I think it's easier only because the main thing as a parent is you have to learn how to trust yourself. And I think there's a confidence that you have the second time that it's just impossible to have the first time."
With two young kids and a full career, Sarah Michelle Gellar clearly knows how to be a good parent. But what are her secrets to a happy and successful marriage? "God, if I knew, I would write a book and retire," she said. "I wouldn't be here right now. I mean, it's work. You have to work at anything. It's any relationship in your life. You have to nurture it and take time with it."
Humility doesn't hurt, either. "I feel like I've already accomplished so much in life that everything else is kind of gravy," she says. "I just feel very lucky."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite