Sarah Michelle Gellar slams Kim Kardashian's Vogue cover: I'm canceling my Vogue subscription
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue2 of 10
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Spartano/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: SPOT/GSI7 of 10
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA8 of 10
- Photo: Tiffany Rose/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' ReboMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM
- Exclusive: Elementary Enlists Lost's Sonya Walger, Revolution's Zak OrthMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Who's Going to Die on Under the Dome?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Comic-Con 2014: All the Latest NewsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:34:00 AM
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:11:00 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' Rebo
Buffy the Kimye slayer! Sarah Michelle Gellar threw some serious shade at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's newly-revealed Vogue cover on March 21, shortly after the Anna Wintour-approved April issue spread was revealed.
"Well ... I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription," Gellar tweeted. "Who is with me???"
While many fans agreed with Gellar, the "Crazy One" star's comment also elicited a defensive quip from Kardashian's bestie, Jonathan Cheban. "Do u matter?" he said, retweeting Gellar.
Cheban, along with Kardashian's closest family and friends, celebrated the couple's fashion bible coup Friday afternoon. Vogue editor Anna Wintour also defended her controversial choice to place the reality TV star and rapper on the issue's cover in her Editor's Letter.
"As for the cover, my opinion is that it is both charming and touching, and it was, I should add, entirely our idea to do it; you may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancée on Vogue's cover. He did nothing of the sort," Wintour, also the creative director of Conde Nast, wrote.
"Kanye is an amazing performer and cultural provocateur, while Kim, through her strength of character, has created a place for herself in the glare of the world's spotlight, and it takes real guts to do that."
Gellar, for her part, has never covered Vogue. The Cruel Intentions star, who rose to fame in the '90s along with fellow teen heartthrobs Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe and husband Freddie Prinze, Jr., has fronted many other magazines in the past, including British Elle, Self, Allure, InStyle, and Seventeen.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite