Sarah Michelle Gellar slams Kim Kardashian's Vogue cover: I'm canceling my Vogue subscription
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue2 of 10
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Spartano/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: SPOT/GSI7 of 10
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex/Rex USA8 of 10
- Photo: Tiffany Rose/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Buffy the Kimye slayer! Sarah Michelle Gellar threw some serious shade at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's newly-revealed Vogue cover on March 21, shortly after the Anna Wintour-approved April issue spread was revealed.
"Well ... I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription," Gellar tweeted. "Who is with me???"
While many fans agreed with Gellar, the "Crazy One" star's comment also elicited a defensive quip from Kardashian's bestie, Jonathan Cheban. "Do u matter?" he said, retweeting Gellar.
Cheban, along with Kardashian's closest family and friends, celebrated the couple's fashion bible coup Friday afternoon. Vogue editor Anna Wintour also defended her controversial choice to place the reality TV star and rapper on the issue's cover in her Editor's Letter.
"As for the cover, my opinion is that it is both charming and touching, and it was, I should add, entirely our idea to do it; you may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancée on Vogue's cover. He did nothing of the sort," Wintour, also the creative director of Conde Nast, wrote.
"Kanye is an amazing performer and cultural provocateur, while Kim, through her strength of character, has created a place for herself in the glare of the world's spotlight, and it takes real guts to do that."
Gellar, for her part, has never covered Vogue. The Cruel Intentions star, who rose to fame in the '90s along with fellow teen heartthrobs Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillippe and husband Freddie Prinze, Jr., has fronted many other magazines in the past, including British Elle, Self, Allure, InStyle, and Seventeen.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite