- Photo: Ed Reinke/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Ken McKimm/Icon SMI/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Kane/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Al Grillo/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (VMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:04:49 PM
- 'Hours' Review: Paul Walker Says Adieu With One of His Strongest PerformancesMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:45:39 PM
- Jason Segel to Play David Foster Wallace Opposite Jesse Eisenberg in 'The End of the Tour&aMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:14:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 7:12 p.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 4:10:40 PM
- Frank Grillo Steps Into a Lead Role With 'The Purge' SequelMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 3:52:19 PM
- History's 'Vikings' Season 2 Teasers Show the Sexy Side of Scandinavia (V
By Kat Giantis
This week, in between telling jokes (or "jokes") on "The Tonight Show" and announcing her new book on "American virtues," Sarah Palin has reportedly been shopping around an Alaska-set "docudrama" with "Survivor" mega-producer Mark Burnett in Los Angeles.
And the former vice-presidential candidate is apparently taking full advantage of her time in Hollywood by enjoying one of the town's premier perks.
On Wednesday, Palin reportedly descended on an Oscar gifting suite benefiting the Red Cross and, with a Diddy-like entourage in tow, grabbed up as many freebies as her talking points-scrawled hands could carry.
RELATED: Palin pitching TV show
"They were like locusts," a staffer at the Silver Spoon's swag lounge gripes to E! News. "She showed up with like 20 people, and they immediately swarmed the place taking everything!"
According to PopEater, a "presidential-style" group of black vehicles pulled up outside the suite several hours before it opened.
"Everyone was in awe and sort of surprised," says a publicist who witnessed her visit. "There were jaws on the ground. And she kind of cleaned the place out."
A HollywoodLife snitch confirms the purported plundering, claiming that the onetime Alaska governor "came in about eleven in the morning with tons of handlers and practically cleaned out the suite! She insisted every person in her huge entourage get something, and there were assistants, nannies, security -- insanity!"
Among the items Palin and her crowd said "you betcha" to: jewelry from Pascal Mouawad, Skagen watches, United Hair Care products, Bloom beauty products ("She said she always needed to look her best because she's always in the press," a company rep tells E!), and a couple pairs of AIAIAI headphones (one was for daughter Bristol, who was in town filming a guest spot on "The Secret Life of the American Teenager").
RELATED VIDEO: Palin on "The Tonight Show"
Her daughter, Willow, 16, even got a new 'do courtesy of a stylist from the Chris McMillan Salon, which also looks after Jennifer Aniston's famous tresses.
But it appears it wasn't all gratis goodies for Palin. The Los Angeles Times says she made a $1,700 donation to the Red Cross following her freebie spree and intended to hand back the items that she picked up for a charitable auction.
But E! isn't quite buying it, insisting that "she did not give up any of her swag."
Counters a Silver Spoon rep, "The stories currently circulating about Governor Palin's attendance at our event are total fabrications ... She never asked for anything but politely accepted the products. The governor and her family and guests were very gracious and respectful to everyone ... The governor stayed for a total of about 35 minutes, thanked everyone, made an additional generous personal donation pledge to the Red Cross, and then departed."
Read more Hot Gossip
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite