Sarah Palin Reacts to Bristol and Levi's Engagement
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Us/Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:54:55 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Adds 'Prison Break' Star Robert KneppMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:52:37 AM
- Pantelion, Indomina Media Partner in Multi-Film Production DealMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:33:22 AM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Finale Death Shocker Caps a Brutal SeasonMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:32:19 AM
- President Obama Selfie Photographer Sets the Record Straight: 'Photos Can Lie'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:10:47 AM
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013
Sarah and Todd Palin are speaking out on Bristol and Levi Johnston's surprise engagement, as exclusively reported in the new issue of Us Weekly. "Bristol at 19 is now a young adult. We obviously want what's best for our children," they said in a statement read on the "Today" show Wednesday morning. "Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our daily lives."
Bristol tells Us that she has kept her parents in the dark since becoming engaged to Johnston, 20, two weeks ago."It is intimidating and scary just to think about what her reaction is going to be. Hopefully she will jump on board," she told Us.
Sarah has made no secret of her icy feelings for Levi. He provoked her fury last fall when he claimed that she had called her infant son Trig (who has Down syndrome) "retarded." She fired back, telling reporters that anyone who posed for Playgirl would "say and do anything for even more attention." Later, during an interview with Oprah Winfrey, she dubbed him "Ricky Hollywood" and called his "aspiring porn" career "heartbreaking."
Earlier this month, Johnston issued a public apology to the Palins for saying "not completely true" things about them in the past.
More on Wonderwall:
More from Us:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFuneral Plans
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite