Scotty McCreery Wins American Idol!
- Photo: FOX/Promotional1 of 6
- Photo: FOX/Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: FOX/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Ray Mickshaw/Promotional4 of 6
- Photo: FOX5 of 6
More Celeb News
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- ESPN Combining Grantland, Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight, ESPN Films Into One UnitMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:24:00 AM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90
With a record-breaking 122 million votes cast, the winner of "American Idol" Season 10 is ... Scotty McCreery!
"Never in my wildest dreams [did I think I'd win]. I've got to thank the Lord first, he got me here. Thank y'all so much!" McCreery, 17, said after host Ryan Seacrest revealed the Garner, N.C., native beat out Lauren Alaina for the title.
Performing his coronation single, "I Love You This Big," McCreery was clearly emotional as he ventured into the audience to hug his parents and fellow "Idol" finalists.
McCreery's win -- clinched after he belted out "I Love You This Big," Montgomery Gentry's "Gone" and "Check Yes or No" by George Strait for viewer votes Wednesday -- comes as no surprise to judge Steven Tyler.
"You've come a long way," Tyler told McCreery after the performance round. "In the beginning we were worried about your range and you proved it right there again. You take your chances, you ran with it and you nailed it again."
The show's last girl standing -- the youngest finalist in show history at 16 -- says she's content with her run on "Idol."
"I dreamed of being the next 'American Idol' since I was 6 years old, standing in my living room and I would scream into the remote control that I was going to win," she told reporters hours before Wednesday's finale, held at L.A.'s Nokia Theater. "If I lost to Scotty I'd still be a winner because he is the bomb!"
Echoes McCreery of his runner-up: "We've been together since day one and we're going to stay together."
For more from the big finale -- including news, video and photos of the night's show-stopping celeb performances -- keep checking back at UsMagazine.com on Thursday.
MORE ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
From Crowd Ignite