Shannen Doherty Says Married Life is 'Phenomenal'
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Shea Walsh/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
By Jon Warech
While all of the ups and downs of Shannen Doherty's wedding-planning process will be chronicled in her new reality show "Shannen Says," nearly six months after marrying photographer Kurt Iswarienko, the actress says all the stress and anxiety was well worth it.
"Things couldn't be better. Married life is amazing, and I can only say that because of my partner, because of Kurt," Doherty, 40, told People. "He woke up this morning and went surfing and it's the little things --it's when he comes home, and the first thing he does is comes in my office and wraps his arms around me and says, 'I love you, I missed you,' even though he was only gone for two hours."
"It's a relationship I've dreamed about my entire life, and it's the closest thing that I've ever had to what my parents had, which was so unbelievably beautiful and special," said Doherty. "So, married life is phenomenal."
Not everything is perfect for the happy couple, though. Like any relationship there are fights.
"It's not all roses and rainbows and butterflies," she says. "It is a real, honest relationship."
RELATED: Hottest Pop Culture Summer Romances
Doherty has been married twice before, to Ashley Hamilton and Rick Salomon, and despite being short-lived unions, she told People in 2010 that she has great faith in the institution.
"I believe in marriage as a whole because my parents were married for 43 years, so I have the best example in the world of what marriage can be," she said. "Marriage to me is such a gigantic commitment that it's not something I'd ever go into lightly anymore. I've learned my lesson."
Shannen Says premieres Tuesday, April 10, at 10 p.m. ET on WEtv.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite