Shannen Doherty Says Married Life is 'Phenomenal'
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Shea Walsh/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP3 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Does the Kardashian-Spawned 'American Psycho' Spoof Keep Up With the Original? (ViMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:12:43 PM
- Could the Future of Legendary TV Be on Netflix?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:43:41 PM
- As Music-Competition Shows Slide, What Does It Take to Make a Hit?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:37:01 PM
- Russell Brand Shows MSNBC Anchors How to Do Their Job (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:27:33 PM
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's &aMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:21:52 PM
- Does the Kardashian-Spawned 'American Psycho' Spoof Keep Up With the Original? (Vi
By Jon Warech
While all of the ups and downs of Shannen Doherty's wedding-planning process will be chronicled in her new reality show "Shannen Says," nearly six months after marrying photographer Kurt Iswarienko, the actress says all the stress and anxiety was well worth it.
"Things couldn't be better. Married life is amazing, and I can only say that because of my partner, because of Kurt," Doherty, 40, told People. "He woke up this morning and went surfing and it's the little things --it's when he comes home, and the first thing he does is comes in my office and wraps his arms around me and says, 'I love you, I missed you,' even though he was only gone for two hours."
"It's a relationship I've dreamed about my entire life, and it's the closest thing that I've ever had to what my parents had, which was so unbelievably beautiful and special," said Doherty. "So, married life is phenomenal."
Not everything is perfect for the happy couple, though. Like any relationship there are fights.
"It's not all roses and rainbows and butterflies," she says. "It is a real, honest relationship."
RELATED: Hottest Pop Culture Summer Romances
Doherty has been married twice before, to Ashley Hamilton and Rick Salomon, and despite being short-lived unions, she told People in 2010 that she has great faith in the institution.
"I believe in marriage as a whole because my parents were married for 43 years, so I have the best example in the world of what marriage can be," she said. "Marriage to me is such a gigantic commitment that it's not something I'd ever go into lightly anymore. I've learned my lesson."
Shannen Says premieres Tuesday, April 10, at 10 p.m. ET on WEtv.
- Maria Menounos -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Adriana Lima -- Wonderview
- 'Jersey Shore' star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro -- Wonderview
- Gavin DeGraw -- Wonderview
- Sean Lowe -- Wonderview
- Jonathan Lipnicki -- Wonderview
- Rob Kardashian -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Miranda Kerr
- Wonderview -- Brandi Glanville
- Brad Goreski -- Wonderview
- Holly Madison -- Wonderview
- Wonderview: Anne Heche
- Farrah Abraham Wonderview
- Kat Graham Wonderview
- Wonderview: Shannen Doherty
- Dita Von Teese Wonderview
- Rachel Dratch Wonderview
- Wonderview: Keenan Cahill
- Adrian Grenier Wonderview
- Sammi Sweetheart -- Wonderview
- Lisa Vanderpump -- Wonderview
- Tracey Gold -- Wonderview
- Taye Diggs -- Wonderview
- Adrienne Maloof and Dr. Paul Nassif -- Wonderview
- Jodie Sweetin and Dave Coulier -- Wonderview
- Jill Zarin -- Wonderview
- Bridget Marquardt -- Wonderview
- Avril Lavigne -- Wonderview
- Harry Shum Jr. -- Wonderview
- Olivia Munn -- Wonderview
- Mayim Bialik -- Wonderview
- Moby -- Wonderview
- Ahna O'Reilly -- Wonderview
- Michelle Williams -- Wonderview
- Pauly Shore -- Wonderview
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco, and Rihanna all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite