Sharon Osbourne brawled with Ozzy after his relapse
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Jim Smeal/Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Taylor/Retna Ltd.4 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 11
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: @SharonOsbourne/Twitter7 of 11
- Photo: Faye Sadou/Ad Media/Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: Brian Rasic/Rex USA10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
Sharon Osbourne hurled a hot cup of coffee at husband Ozzy, pulled his hair and demanded a divorce after discovering his recent drink and drugs relapse.
The Black Sabbath star went public with his troubles earlier this year, admitting he had turned to booze and prescription pills again after previously overcoming his demons.
Sharon has now lifted the lid on the drama that went on behind closed doors, revealing she found out the extent of his substance abuse while looking through his cell phone on their 30th wedding anniversary.
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
In excerpts from her new book "Unbreakable," printed in Britain's The Sun on Sunday, Sharon writes, "Normally I'd never do something like that but I was a desperate woman. It didn't take long and boy, did I find a load of ugly s--t. There were texts going back months, asking people for drugs and saying, 'Don't tell the old girl.'"
Sharon eventually confronted Ozzy, who promised to go back to Alcoholics Anonymous and attend counseling, but he fled to their U.K. base to continue boozing -- and she retaliated by selling off his prized car collection.
She recalls, "Within 24 hours, I had sold the Audi R8 in England and one of the two Ferraris he kept in America. The other went to [our son] Jack. All gone. There was no way I was going to risk him getting in one of them while he was drunk and hurting someone... Ozzy says now that it proved to be the most expensive drink he's ever had."
RELATED: Stars who fluctuate in weight
When the couple reunited weeks later in California, the boiling tensions erupted into a violent fight when Sharon "snapped" and decided she had had enough.
The rock matriarch writes, "He came to my hotel room in Beverly Hills... but as soon as he spoke he was cocky and arrogant. There didn't seem one shred of remorse. Something snapped. I thought, 'I can't carry his [expletive] any more.' I said, 'I want a divorce. I want half of everything, that's my right. I also want £100,000 every month.' 'No [expletive] way. Over my dead body,' he said. I was drinking a cappuccino and the whole lot went on his head -- the coffee, the cup and the b--ody saucer. Then I grabbed him and pulled at his precious hair with one hand, while trying to yank off his jewelry with the other. He went for me, trying to grab me in a headlock."
Their fight was broken up by a pal and the metal veteran eventually decided to embark on a detox program.
Sharon explains that in May 2013, the pair met in public so they wouldn't lose their tempers again: "He was well into two months of sobriety. It seemed like forever since I'd looked into my husband's eyes, but now I was looking into sober eyes. The man I loved was present. I could tell he was relieved to be sitting next to me. I put my hand on his, took him in my arms and we cried."
Sharon, whose book is due to be published next month, invited Ozzy to move back into their home in June.
Get out the vote
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
From Crowd Ignite