Sharon Osbourne Breaks Down Over Jack's MS Diagnosis
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: DANO/GSI4 of 18
- Photo: ©Bunny/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 18
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News6 of 18
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet7 of 18
- Photo: Survivor/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 18
- Photo: @lisamarstelly/Twitter9 of 18
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com13 of 18
- Photo: NBC/NBC14 of 18
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP15 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 18
- Photo: Hello via Us/Promotional17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:40:00 PM
- Gary Oldman in Talks to Join Kevin Costner in Ariel Vroman's 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'Getting On' Creators Credit HBO Go for Staying on the AirMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Jon Daly Joins Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig in Armored Car Heist ComedyMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Fox Announces Premiere Dates for Gotham, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and MoreMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'
Sharon Osbourne couldn't fight back her tears Monday on "The Talk."
The host could hardly get the words out speaking about her son Jack Osbourne's Sunday announcement that he has multiple sclerosis.
"Jack will actually be here on Wednesday to talk about his diagnosis, but he's great," Sharon, 59, said between sobs on the CBS show. "He's doing really, really good, and I want to thank everyone for all their texts and goodwill and love they send to us…"
Jack, 26, revealed Sunday that he has been diagnosed with the autoimmune disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. MS can cause problems with muscle control, vision, balance and thinking, but affects each patient differently. The former "Osbournes" star turned filmmaker just welcomed the birth of his first child, daughter Pearl, two months ago with his fiancee, Lisa Stelly.
After Sharon composed herself, she added, "Thank you to everyone for all their good wishes. It's been amazing -- but for Jack because I really believe that vibes of prayer help."
"And what I'm doing right now is not helping because I'm just feeling sorry for myself, and that is no good," she continued. "So we just have to think positively and get on with this show that we love."
Jack tweeted Sunday, "Thank you all so much for the kind and inspirational words. It means a lot. Adapt and overcome."
Other stars affected by the chronic disease include talk show host Montel Williams, actress Teri Garr and Michelle Obama's father, Fraser Robinson III.
"My father has multiple sclerosis and I never knew him to be able to walk," Obama shared on the "Late Show With David Letterman" in March. "But my dad worked so hard and he loved us so much. And I think from him, I learned absolute, complete unconditional love. The notion that kids don't need anything but to know that their parents adore them. I think that's the greatest gift they gave us: their constant support and stability. ... There wasn't anything my dad wouldn't do for us."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHorsing Around
From Crowd Ignite