Sharon Osbourne undergoes double mastectomy
- Photo: Byron Purvis © AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 11
- Photo: KIM D. JOHNSON/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Ron Sachs/Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews/Pacific Coast News5 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: CBS/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Hello via Us/Promotional10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Robert Downey Jr. Drama 'The Judge' To Open Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:53:00 AM
- Review: 'Hercules' is schlocky but entertainingMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:25:31 AM
- 'Walking Dead' Creator Robert Kirkman's Cinemax Pilot, 'Outcast,MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:16:00 AM
- The Verge Co-Founder Joshua Topolsky Joins BloombergMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:10:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 10:36 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:36:57 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Drama 'The Judge' To Open Toronto Film Festival
Sharon Osbourne has undergone a preventive double mastectomy over fears she could develop breast cancer.
Ozzy Osbourne's wife, who battled colon cancer in the early 2000s, was horrified to discover she has a genetic mutation which raises her chances of developing the disease, so she decided to have surgery.
She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "As soon as I found out I had the breast cancer gene, I thought: 'The odds are not in my favour'. I've had cancer before and I didn't want to live under that cloud: I decided to just take everything off, and had a double mastectomy."
RELATED: Celebrity breast cancer survivors
The reality TV star, whose son Jack became a first-time dad to daughter Pearl earlier this year, says she had no doubts about undergoing the operation - which lasted 13 hours - as she wants to live a long and happy life with her family.
She adds, "For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no-brainer. I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me. I want to be around for a long time and be a grandmother to Pearl.
I didn't even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way, I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time. It's not 'pity me', it's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around."
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite