Sharon Osbourne undergoes double mastectomy
- Photo: Byron Purvis © AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 11
- Photo: KIM D. JOHNSON/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Ron Sachs/Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews/Pacific Coast News5 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: CBS/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Hello via Us/Promotional10 of 11
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Sharon Osbourne has undergone a preventive double mastectomy over fears she could develop breast cancer.
Ozzy Osbourne's wife, who battled colon cancer in the early 2000s, was horrified to discover she has a genetic mutation which raises her chances of developing the disease, so she decided to have surgery.
She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "As soon as I found out I had the breast cancer gene, I thought: 'The odds are not in my favour'. I've had cancer before and I didn't want to live under that cloud: I decided to just take everything off, and had a double mastectomy."
RELATED: Celebrity breast cancer survivors
The reality TV star, whose son Jack became a first-time dad to daughter Pearl earlier this year, says she had no doubts about undergoing the operation - which lasted 13 hours - as she wants to live a long and happy life with her family.
She adds, "For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no-brainer. I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me. I want to be around for a long time and be a grandmother to Pearl.
I didn't even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way, I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time. It's not 'pity me', it's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around."
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite