Sharon Osbourne undergoes double mastectomy
- Photo: Byron Purvis © AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 11
- Photo: KIM D. JOHNSON/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Ron Sachs/Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews/Pacific Coast News5 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: CBS/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Hello via Us/Promotional10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Sharon Osbourne has undergone a preventive double mastectomy over fears she could develop breast cancer.
Ozzy Osbourne's wife, who battled colon cancer in the early 2000s, was horrified to discover she has a genetic mutation which raises her chances of developing the disease, so she decided to have surgery.
She tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "As soon as I found out I had the breast cancer gene, I thought: 'The odds are not in my favour'. I've had cancer before and I didn't want to live under that cloud: I decided to just take everything off, and had a double mastectomy."
RELATED: Celebrity breast cancer survivors
The reality TV star, whose son Jack became a first-time dad to daughter Pearl earlier this year, says she had no doubts about undergoing the operation - which lasted 13 hours - as she wants to live a long and happy life with her family.
She adds, "For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no-brainer. I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me. I want to be around for a long time and be a grandmother to Pearl.
I didn't even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way, I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time. It's not 'pity me', it's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite