Shayne Lamas 'Breathing on Her Own,' 'Doing Better' After Miscarriage, Surgery
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- It's Angelina Jolie vs. Ben Affleck vs. Michael Keaton as Awards Season Kicks OffMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:51:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse Lawsuit
Shayne Lamas is doing better -- physically, at least -- in the wake of her miscarriage on Feb. 9. "The Bachelor" alum, 28, is still hospitalized but breathing on her own following a scary pregnancy complication, her husband, Nik Richie, said in a statement to Us Weekly on Feb. 11.
PHOTOS: Celebrity health scares
"We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the immense support we have received from our family, friends, fans, and media," Richie's statement read. "It is really amazing how everyone has come together for Shayne, Press, and I during this extremely difficult time." (Press is the couple's daughter, whom they welcomed in November 2011, a little over a year after they married in 2010.)
PHOTOS: Stars who eloped
The statement continued: "Shayne is breathing on her own now and doing better; we have high hopes for a speedy recovery. At this time we are still trying to process everything that happened and we thank everyone again for giving us this time to heal."
As previously reported, Lamas was rushed to the hospital after she collapsed in her Orange County home on Sunday evening. Richie told TMZ she underwent "life-saving emergency surgery" and was "on a ventilator system."
"We are so very grateful to the hospital personnel and the doctors who saved her life last night," Lamas' father, Lorenzo Lamas, said in a statement. "Shayne is aware of her condition and that her family and her husband are here with her and love her so much. She will be remaining in the hospital until her doctors determine that she can be released."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite