Shayne Lamas 'Breathing on Her Own,' 'Doing Better' After Miscarriage, Surgery
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
Shayne Lamas is doing better -- physically, at least -- in the wake of her miscarriage on Feb. 9. "The Bachelor" alum, 28, is still hospitalized but breathing on her own following a scary pregnancy complication, her husband, Nik Richie, said in a statement to Us Weekly on Feb. 11.
PHOTOS: Celebrity health scares
"We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the immense support we have received from our family, friends, fans, and media," Richie's statement read. "It is really amazing how everyone has come together for Shayne, Press, and I during this extremely difficult time." (Press is the couple's daughter, whom they welcomed in November 2011, a little over a year after they married in 2010.)
PHOTOS: Stars who eloped
The statement continued: "Shayne is breathing on her own now and doing better; we have high hopes for a speedy recovery. At this time we are still trying to process everything that happened and we thank everyone again for giving us this time to heal."
As previously reported, Lamas was rushed to the hospital after she collapsed in her Orange County home on Sunday evening. Richie told TMZ she underwent "life-saving emergency surgery" and was "on a ventilator system."
"We are so very grateful to the hospital personnel and the doctors who saved her life last night," Lamas' father, Lorenzo Lamas, said in a statement. "Shayne is aware of her condition and that her family and her husband are here with her and love her so much. She will be remaining in the hospital until her doctors determine that she can be released."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out a slew of new selfies including Kim Zolciak-Biermann’s post-babies body, Lady Gaga snuggling with Taylor Kinney and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite