Shayne Lamas 'Breathing on Her Own,' 'Doing Better' After Miscarriage, Surgery
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awards
Shayne Lamas is doing better -- physically, at least -- in the wake of her miscarriage on Feb. 9. "The Bachelor" alum, 28, is still hospitalized but breathing on her own following a scary pregnancy complication, her husband, Nik Richie, said in a statement to Us Weekly on Feb. 11.
PHOTOS: Celebrity health scares
"We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the immense support we have received from our family, friends, fans, and media," Richie's statement read. "It is really amazing how everyone has come together for Shayne, Press, and I during this extremely difficult time." (Press is the couple's daughter, whom they welcomed in November 2011, a little over a year after they married in 2010.)
PHOTOS: Stars who eloped
The statement continued: "Shayne is breathing on her own now and doing better; we have high hopes for a speedy recovery. At this time we are still trying to process everything that happened and we thank everyone again for giving us this time to heal."
As previously reported, Lamas was rushed to the hospital after she collapsed in her Orange County home on Sunday evening. Richie told TMZ she underwent "life-saving emergency surgery" and was "on a ventilator system."
"We are so very grateful to the hospital personnel and the doctors who saved her life last night," Lamas' father, Lorenzo Lamas, said in a statement. "Shayne is aware of her condition and that her family and her husband are here with her and love her so much. She will be remaining in the hospital until her doctors determine that she can be released."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite