Shayne Lamas speaks out after release from hospital ICU following miscarriage, health scare
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Good to have you back, Shayne. More than a week after she was rushed to the hospital due to a pregnancy complication, Shayne Lamas is out of the intensive care unit and on the road to recovery.
"Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I've cried reading the expression of generosity and warmth from everyone," the 28-year-old said in a statement on Feb. 20. "I'm out of ICU at Mission Viejo Hospital. I cannot thank the medical staff here enough for not giving up on me."
The "Bachelor" alumna, mom to 2-year-old daughter Press, went on to thank her loved ones, including her dad, Lorenzo Lamas, and her husband, Nik Richie. "Thank you to my father and his wife, my mother, my sisters, my grandmother and New York family, my husband's family, and to my husband for never leaving my side," she said. "Nik, your strength can never be measured. I love you."
Lastly, she encouraged all of her supporters to donate blood and paid tribute to the son she lost during emergency surgery. "To everyone out there, please donate blood. You can save a life like mine," she said in her statement. "In loving memory of my son, Rex Jagger Lamas-Richie."
As previously reported, Lamas and Richie decided to name their baby boy after his death earlier this month. Richie told TMZ he chose the name Rex because he always wanted a son with that name, and Jagger in honor of musician Mick Jagger.
"You saved your mother's life with your passing and I will never forget how much this means to me, R.J.," the grieving father wrote in a touching letter to his late son. "In family, we sacrifice for each other. You gave your life for us. You showed me how to love. I need you to know that I held you, spoke to you, kissed you and that you'll be remembered. You are perfect," he continued. "You will always be my son. I'm proud of you, always. I love you, Rex Jagger Lamas-Richie."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite