Shayne Lamas speaks out after release from hospital ICU following miscarriage, health scare
- Photo: Rob Latour/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement SpeechMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:24:00 AM
- Vice President Joe Biden Joins Instagram in the Most Boss Way PossibleMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:12:00 AM
- Tribeca at 13: Film Festival Is Growing Up, but Still Hard to Pin DownMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:07:00 AM
- V.C. Andrews' Vampire Novel 'Daughter of Darkness' Being Developed for TVMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 10:37:00 AM
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 10:33:26 AM
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement Speech
Good to have you back, Shayne. More than a week after she was rushed to the hospital due to a pregnancy complication, Shayne Lamas is out of the intensive care unit and on the road to recovery.
"Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I've cried reading the expression of generosity and warmth from everyone," the 28-year-old said in a statement on Feb. 20. "I'm out of ICU at Mission Viejo Hospital. I cannot thank the medical staff here enough for not giving up on me."
The "Bachelor" alumna, mom to 2-year-old daughter Press, went on to thank her loved ones, including her dad, Lorenzo Lamas, and her husband, Nik Richie. "Thank you to my father and his wife, my mother, my sisters, my grandmother and New York family, my husband's family, and to my husband for never leaving my side," she said. "Nik, your strength can never be measured. I love you."
Lastly, she encouraged all of her supporters to donate blood and paid tribute to the son she lost during emergency surgery. "To everyone out there, please donate blood. You can save a life like mine," she said in her statement. "In loving memory of my son, Rex Jagger Lamas-Richie."
As previously reported, Lamas and Richie decided to name their baby boy after his death earlier this month. Richie told TMZ he chose the name Rex because he always wanted a son with that name, and Jagger in honor of musician Mick Jagger.
"You saved your mother's life with your passing and I will never forget how much this means to me, R.J.," the grieving father wrote in a touching letter to his late son. "In family, we sacrifice for each other. You gave your life for us. You showed me how to love. I need you to know that I held you, spoke to you, kissed you and that you'll be remembered. You are perfect," he continued. "You will always be my son. I'm proud of you, always. I love you, Rex Jagger Lamas-Richie."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite