Shiri Appleby pregnant with first child with fiancé Jon Shook
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 7
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Pretty Little Liars Finale Postmortem: A's Latest Victim Speaks Out!MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Jeremy Irvine, Minka Kelly Thriller 'The World Made Straight' Acquired by MillenniMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:06:00 AM
- Drafthouse Films, Participant Media Acquire US Rights to 'The Look of Silence'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- David Frankel to Direct Sci-Fi Drama 'Departure'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman University
Former "Roswell" leading lady Shiri Appleby is expecting a little bundle of joy come spring, but both she and her new fiance are opting to stay in the dark about their baby's gender.
"He really wanted to do it and it sounded like fun," the actress told Us Weekly of fiancé Jon Shook's suggestion to keep the gender a surprise. "It's really made the whole pregnancy a heightened excitement because you just don't know what it's going to be!"
Appleby, 34, and Shook, a chef and owner of L.A.'s Animal, are instead keeping busy decorating their baby's room (with monochromatic colors and a chandelier), and making sure that their little one -- whom they call "Baby Shook" -- is healthy.
"Thank God, knock on wood, I've had a really easy pregnancy," Appleby told Us. "I've been working out a lot just because it feels good. And I've loved it, you get to eat as many breads and pastas as you want and don't gain weight. It's been great!"
Shook, 31, has been reveling in the early stages of parenthood too.
"Right now he's really excited," Appleby said of Shook. "He felt the baby kick the other day for the first time, and we went to that really fun, five-month check-up where you see the baby in 3-D, and we were just laughing our heads off the whole time. It's just so much fun."
The pair got engaged just a few months prior, during a July trip to Ventotene, Italy. Shook had to propose twice because Appleby was so excited and overwhelmed.
"I was like, 'I want to slow this moment down,'" she told Us at the time.
Going through the pregnancy has, in fact, made their bond stronger, Appleby said.
"When you see this guy going to all the doctor's appointments with you, and you tell him you're feeling a certain way and two minutes later he's looked it up on the Internet to tell you that it's normal, you realize that you're really starting a family with somebody," she said, "and it's just -- there's no way to look at that person and not be more in love."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite