Shiri Appleby pregnant with first child with fiancé Jon Shook
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 7
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:09:00 PM
- 'Ironside' Star Paul Mitchell Dead at 71MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:33:28 AM
- Ooyala, ESPN's Web Video Provider, Raises $43 MillionMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:27:43 AM
- A&E Networks Rebranding Bio Channel to Lifestyle Channel FYIMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 11:09:52 AM
- Psy, Ylvis, Miley Cyrus Top YouTube's Trending Videos of 2013MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:54:55 AM
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!
Former "Roswell" leading lady Shiri Appleby is expecting a little bundle of joy come spring, but both she and her new fiance are opting to stay in the dark about their baby's gender.
"He really wanted to do it and it sounded like fun," the actress told Us Weekly of fiancé Jon Shook's suggestion to keep the gender a surprise. "It's really made the whole pregnancy a heightened excitement because you just don't know what it's going to be!"
Appleby, 34, and Shook, a chef and owner of L.A.'s Animal, are instead keeping busy decorating their baby's room (with monochromatic colors and a chandelier), and making sure that their little one -- whom they call "Baby Shook" -- is healthy.
"Thank God, knock on wood, I've had a really easy pregnancy," Appleby told Us. "I've been working out a lot just because it feels good. And I've loved it, you get to eat as many breads and pastas as you want and don't gain weight. It's been great!"
Shook, 31, has been reveling in the early stages of parenthood too.
"Right now he's really excited," Appleby said of Shook. "He felt the baby kick the other day for the first time, and we went to that really fun, five-month check-up where you see the baby in 3-D, and we were just laughing our heads off the whole time. It's just so much fun."
The pair got engaged just a few months prior, during a July trip to Ventotene, Italy. Shook had to propose twice because Appleby was so excited and overwhelmed.
"I was like, 'I want to slow this moment down,'" she told Us at the time.
Going through the pregnancy has, in fact, made their bond stronger, Appleby said.
"When you see this guy going to all the doctor's appointments with you, and you tell him you're feeling a certain way and two minutes later he's looked it up on the Internet to tell you that it's normal, you realize that you're really starting a family with somebody," she said, "and it's just -- there's no way to look at that person and not be more in love."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Tia Mowry-Hardrict chats motherhood, surviving child stardom, parenting advice for Duchess Kate and more with Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFuneral Plans
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite