Simon Cowell Breaks Off Engagement After Two Years
- Photo: INB/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Shirlaine Forrest/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Eliot Press/Bauer-Griffin3 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: CHARLIE LUCIANO/StarTraks9 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Simon Cowell's trip down the aisle is getting postponed.
In an interview with UK newspaper the Daily Mirror, the "X Factor" judge reveals that he and his fiancee, Mezhgan Hussainy, are taking a break from both their relationship and their wedding plans.
"It's quite a complicated relationship. We have had a break from each other, and we are still incredibly close," the 52-year-old Brit explains in Sunday's Mirror. "I'm vulnerable. It's not on, it's not off, it's somewhere in the middle. I don't know if I will ever get married, but I am happy."
Cowell and Hussainy met on the set of "American Idol" in 2003, where she was working as a makeup artist, and the couple got engaged in February 2010. At the time, Cowell, who's known for his emotionless demeanor, made it clear that he was very much over the moon.
"I'm smitten with Mezghan, I think she's the one," he gushed to the British TV host Piers Morgan. "She's very special...You know when you've found somebody very special."
But in Sunday's Mirror, Cowell alludes that the spark has fizzled out and he's regretting his remarks from two years ago.
Addressing his heartfelt quip on Piers Morgan, Cowell says, "I have been pretty good about not talking about my private stuff, but I got caught up in the moment."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From Miranda and Orlando to the Jenners, see some of Hollywood's most amicable exes on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYear in Romance
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite