Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman Break Silence on Pregnancy, Her Divorce
- Photo: Getty/Reuters1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Raffi/NPG11 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Carmen Electra/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: ZEL/LNG/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: NC1/LNG/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Simon Cowell has never been known to bite his tongue. But the acerbic Brit chose his words very carefully at an "X Factor" TCA panel in Los Angeles on Thursday, where reporters had plenty of personal questions for the first-time dad-to-be, 53. As Us Weekly exclusively revealed on Wednesday, the talent judge and producer will welcome a child with newly pregnant Lauren Silverman, the estranged wife of Cowell's former friend, Andrew Silverman.
"Am I missing something?" Cowell quipped when offered congratulations by reporters. Getting serious, he continued: "Unfortunately, I have to keep this for the moment private. It's just one of those things. But thank you very much anyway."
After Cowell and "X Factor" cohorts Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland and others completed their panel about Season 3 of the FOX reality show, reporters again asked about Silverman's headline-making pregnancy and Cowell's impending fatherhood. "I would love to [talk], but I have to respect a lot of people's feelings right now," he explained. "There are a lot of things I will eventually clear up when the time is right, but I really have to be sensitive because there's a lot of people's feelings involved here."
That's an understatement. Real estate mogul Andrew Silverman, who shares a 7-year-son, Adam, with Lauren, filed aggressive divorce papers in Manhattan about two weeks ago -- naming Cowell as a co-respondent and accusing his wife of adultery. (Sources had told Us that the spouses had been headed for divorce for some time.)
36-year-old New York socialite Lauren released her own statement late Thursday via her attorneys about the potentially ugly divorce battle ahead. “I am committed to sorting things out with Andrew as amicably as possible to ensure the well-being of our son," she says in the statement. "I would hope for some space and privacy in order to work through this."
Adds her attorneys Robert Cohen and Bernard Clair: "We are working to resolve this situation in a fair and reasonable way that protects the best interests of our client and her son."
Andrew Silverman expressed a similar sentiment in a statement released hours earlier. "My top priority is protecting my 7-year-old son while working to resolve all outstanding issues with my wife," Andrew said. "Hopefully people can respect the interest of our child during this process."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite