Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman having a baby boy, source says
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com1 of 9
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 9
- Photo: Getty/Reuters3 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Looks like Simon Cowell is going to have a little mini-me! The X Factor judge and his pregnant girlfriend, New York City socialite Lauren Silverman, are expecting a baby boy, a source confirms to Us Weekly. (The New York Daily News was first to report the gender.)
"They've known for a while!" one insider tells Us of the news that they're having a son.
As noted earlier on Sept. 3, the first-time dad-to-be actually got a glimpse of his little bundle of joy via a recent sonogram. "You literally see this thing which is now alive moving around," the normally tough-talking Brit gushed to the Times of London on Sept. 2, one month after Us Weekly broke the news of Silverman's pregnancy.
"I feel very paternal right now. So I am very happy," he said. He added, though, that he wouldn't let fatherhood change him too much. "I can assure you: I won't go soft," the former American Idol judge quipped.
Cowell and Silverman began their relationship in secret while she was still married to Cowell's friend Andrew Silverman. The estranged spouses settled their divorce a few weeks ago, on Aug. 14; together they have a son, 7-year-old Adam.
Cowell was understandably reluctant to talk about Silverman's pregnancy at first, but now that everything's out in the open, he's increasingly speaking out about his thoughts on fatherhood. "I am good with kids because I like kids," he told the BBC. "I really do like them and I listen to them. Once I got used to [the idea of becoming a father] I did get excited. I think I will be a good dad!"
A rep for Cowell did not respond to requests for comment.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite