Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman having a baby boy, source says
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com1 of 9
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 9
- Photo: Getty/Reuters3 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Looks like Simon Cowell is going to have a little mini-me! The X Factor judge and his pregnant girlfriend, New York City socialite Lauren Silverman, are expecting a baby boy, a source confirms to Us Weekly. (The New York Daily News was first to report the gender.)
"They've known for a while!" one insider tells Us of the news that they're having a son.
As noted earlier on Sept. 3, the first-time dad-to-be actually got a glimpse of his little bundle of joy via a recent sonogram. "You literally see this thing which is now alive moving around," the normally tough-talking Brit gushed to the Times of London on Sept. 2, one month after Us Weekly broke the news of Silverman's pregnancy.
"I feel very paternal right now. So I am very happy," he said. He added, though, that he wouldn't let fatherhood change him too much. "I can assure you: I won't go soft," the former American Idol judge quipped.
Cowell and Silverman began their relationship in secret while she was still married to Cowell's friend Andrew Silverman. The estranged spouses settled their divorce a few weeks ago, on Aug. 14; together they have a son, 7-year-old Adam.
Cowell was understandably reluctant to talk about Silverman's pregnancy at first, but now that everything's out in the open, he's increasingly speaking out about his thoughts on fatherhood. "I am good with kids because I like kids," he told the BBC. "I really do like them and I listen to them. Once I got used to [the idea of becoming a father] I did get excited. I think I will be a good dad!"
A rep for Cowell did not respond to requests for comment.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite