Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman having a baby boy, source says
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com1 of 9
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 9
- Photo: Getty/Reuters3 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Looks like Simon Cowell is going to have a little mini-me! The X Factor judge and his pregnant girlfriend, New York City socialite Lauren Silverman, are expecting a baby boy, a source confirms to Us Weekly. (The New York Daily News was first to report the gender.)
"They've known for a while!" one insider tells Us of the news that they're having a son.
As noted earlier on Sept. 3, the first-time dad-to-be actually got a glimpse of his little bundle of joy via a recent sonogram. "You literally see this thing which is now alive moving around," the normally tough-talking Brit gushed to the Times of London on Sept. 2, one month after Us Weekly broke the news of Silverman's pregnancy.
"I feel very paternal right now. So I am very happy," he said. He added, though, that he wouldn't let fatherhood change him too much. "I can assure you: I won't go soft," the former American Idol judge quipped.
Cowell and Silverman began their relationship in secret while she was still married to Cowell's friend Andrew Silverman. The estranged spouses settled their divorce a few weeks ago, on Aug. 14; together they have a son, 7-year-old Adam.
Cowell was understandably reluctant to talk about Silverman's pregnancy at first, but now that everything's out in the open, he's increasingly speaking out about his thoughts on fatherhood. "I am good with kids because I like kids," he told the BBC. "I really do like them and I listen to them. Once I got used to [the idea of becoming a father] I did get excited. I think I will be a good dad!"
A rep for Cowell did not respond to requests for comment.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite