Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman having a baby boy, source says
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com1 of 9
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 9
- Photo: Getty/Reuters3 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Seth Rogen and James Franco's 'The Interview' Blasted by North Korea in UMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 4:50:00 PM
- Lilly Ghalici Exits Bravo's 'Shahs of Sunset'MSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Avoids Jail After Pleading No Contest in Egging CaseMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:39:00 PM
- 'Divergent' Trilogy Closer 'Allegiant' Drafts 'Maze RunMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Tom Cruise Recruits Alec Baldwin, 'White Queen's' Rebecca Ferguson for &aMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:19:00 PM
- Seth Rogen and James Franco's 'The Interview' Blasted by North Korea in U
Looks like Simon Cowell is going to have a little mini-me! The X Factor judge and his pregnant girlfriend, New York City socialite Lauren Silverman, are expecting a baby boy, a source confirms to Us Weekly. (The New York Daily News was first to report the gender.)
"They've known for a while!" one insider tells Us of the news that they're having a son.
As noted earlier on Sept. 3, the first-time dad-to-be actually got a glimpse of his little bundle of joy via a recent sonogram. "You literally see this thing which is now alive moving around," the normally tough-talking Brit gushed to the Times of London on Sept. 2, one month after Us Weekly broke the news of Silverman's pregnancy.
"I feel very paternal right now. So I am very happy," he said. He added, though, that he wouldn't let fatherhood change him too much. "I can assure you: I won't go soft," the former American Idol judge quipped.
Cowell and Silverman began their relationship in secret while she was still married to Cowell's friend Andrew Silverman. The estranged spouses settled their divorce a few weeks ago, on Aug. 14; together they have a son, 7-year-old Adam.
Cowell was understandably reluctant to talk about Silverman's pregnancy at first, but now that everything's out in the open, he's increasingly speaking out about his thoughts on fatherhood. "I am good with kids because I like kids," he told the BBC. "I really do like them and I listen to them. Once I got used to [the idea of becoming a father] I did get excited. I think I will be a good dad!"
A rep for Cowell did not respond to requests for comment.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian and more pregnant stars show off their baby bumps over the holiday weekend on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Justin Timberlake, Kristen Bell and more stars enjoying summery activities -- from golf and tennis to romps on the beach and more!Watch Video »
Derek and Julianne Hough share behind-the-scenes clips from their Move Live On Tour on Celebs Gone Social hosted by WW's Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHorsing Around
From Crowd Ignite