Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman having a baby boy, source says
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com1 of 9
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 9
- Photo: Getty/Reuters3 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA6 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:07:59 AM
- The Golden Globes Big Shock: They Got it RightMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:57:49 AM
- Stephen Colbert Releases Obamacare Christmas Carol Parodies (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:49:56 AM
- 'Daily Show': How Congress' Budget Deal is Like the 'Free Willy&MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:06:02 AM
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &apMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:44:10 AM
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)
Looks like Simon Cowell is going to have a little mini-me! The X Factor judge and his pregnant girlfriend, New York City socialite Lauren Silverman, are expecting a baby boy, a source confirms to Us Weekly. (The New York Daily News was first to report the gender.)
"They've known for a while!" one insider tells Us of the news that they're having a son.
As noted earlier on Sept. 3, the first-time dad-to-be actually got a glimpse of his little bundle of joy via a recent sonogram. "You literally see this thing which is now alive moving around," the normally tough-talking Brit gushed to the Times of London on Sept. 2, one month after Us Weekly broke the news of Silverman's pregnancy.
"I feel very paternal right now. So I am very happy," he said. He added, though, that he wouldn't let fatherhood change him too much. "I can assure you: I won't go soft," the former American Idol judge quipped.
Cowell and Silverman began their relationship in secret while she was still married to Cowell's friend Andrew Silverman. The estranged spouses settled their divorce a few weeks ago, on Aug. 14; together they have a son, 7-year-old Adam.
Cowell was understandably reluctant to talk about Silverman's pregnancy at first, but now that everything's out in the open, he's increasingly speaking out about his thoughts on fatherhood. "I am good with kids because I like kids," he told the BBC. "I really do like them and I listen to them. Once I got used to [the idea of becoming a father] I did get excited. I think I will be a good dad!"
A rep for Cowell did not respond to requests for comment.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite