Simon Cowell: Lauren Silverman is not a gold digger
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Simon Cowell has opened up about his relationship with the woman carrying his child, insisting Lauren Silverman has been unfairly portrayed as a "gold digger."
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
The music mogul, who is expecting his first child with the New York socialite, became headline news back in July when the baby story first broke amid claims he had been named in Silverman's divorce papers by her now ex-husband Andrew.
Cowell admits the situation was "kind of uncomfortable" at first but has since calmed down, and he is adamant Silverman was treated unfairly after the news emerged. He tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "It was kind of uncomfortable, you know, the situation. But these things happen and everything is kind of calm now and I'm happy. I'm actually happier than I've ever been...
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
"I obviously can't blame the media -- it was kind of what I call a juicy story. But there was a lot of stuff that was said about her: that she trapped me and that she's a gold-digger. It's absolute nonsense. She's a great girl but, like I said, it was awkward because of the circumstances."
RELATED: Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks
Cowell is rumored to be in a relationship with Silverman after they were spotted kissing while on vacation together. The interview with DeGeneres airs on "Ellen" on Tuesday, Sept. 10.
Get out the vote
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite