Simon Cowell: Lauren Silverman is not a gold digger
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Simon Cowell has opened up about his relationship with the woman carrying his child, insisting Lauren Silverman has been unfairly portrayed as a "gold digger."
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
The music mogul, who is expecting his first child with the New York socialite, became headline news back in July when the baby story first broke amid claims he had been named in Silverman's divorce papers by her now ex-husband Andrew.
Cowell admits the situation was "kind of uncomfortable" at first but has since calmed down, and he is adamant Silverman was treated unfairly after the news emerged. He tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "It was kind of uncomfortable, you know, the situation. But these things happen and everything is kind of calm now and I'm happy. I'm actually happier than I've ever been...
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
"I obviously can't blame the media -- it was kind of what I call a juicy story. But there was a lot of stuff that was said about her: that she trapped me and that she's a gold-digger. It's absolute nonsense. She's a great girl but, like I said, it was awkward because of the circumstances."
RELATED: Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks
Cowell is rumored to be in a relationship with Silverman after they were spotted kissing while on vacation together. The interview with DeGeneres airs on "Ellen" on Tuesday, Sept. 10.
Get out the vote
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite