Simon Cowell: Lauren Silverman is not a gold digger
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 9
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Raffi/NPG8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Big Brother,' CBS Top Repeat-Heavy NightMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 9:12:00 AM
- Slow Box Office Thursday for 'November Man' and 'As Above/So Below&apMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:39:00 AM
- '99 Homes' brings US subprime crisis to VeniceMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:31:34 AM
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC NewsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Review: 'Bad Feminist' essays are sharp, funnyMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 7:14:50 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother,' CBS Top Repeat-Heavy Night
Simon Cowell has opened up about his relationship with the woman carrying his child, insisting Lauren Silverman has been unfairly portrayed as a "gold digger."
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
The music mogul, who is expecting his first child with the New York socialite, became headline news back in July when the baby story first broke amid claims he had been named in Silverman's divorce papers by her now ex-husband Andrew.
Cowell admits the situation was "kind of uncomfortable" at first but has since calmed down, and he is adamant Silverman was treated unfairly after the news emerged. He tells talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, "It was kind of uncomfortable, you know, the situation. But these things happen and everything is kind of calm now and I'm happy. I'm actually happier than I've ever been...
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
"I obviously can't blame the media -- it was kind of what I call a juicy story. But there was a lot of stuff that was said about her: that she trapped me and that she's a gold-digger. It's absolute nonsense. She's a great girl but, like I said, it was awkward because of the circumstances."
RELATED: Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks
Cowell is rumored to be in a relationship with Silverman after they were spotted kissing while on vacation together. The interview with DeGeneres airs on "Ellen" on Tuesday, Sept. 10.
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite