Simon Cowell says he'll be a dad
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 8
- Photo: Getty/Reuters4 of 8
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA6 of 8
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
The Associated Press
LONDON (AP) -- British TV mogul Simon Cowell says he's looking forward to being a father, his first public confirmation that he will be having a child with married New York socialite Lauren Silverman.
Cowell, who had previously dodged questions about the affair, told the BBC that "things are changing in my life right now, for the better," adding: "I'm proud to be a dad."
The 53-year-old talent show curmudgeon said Silverman is "a very special girl" and that while he hadn't thought of fatherhood before, "now I know I feel good about it."
Cowell was speaking at the world premiere of the film "One Direction: This Is Us" in London on Tuesday.
RELATED: Celeb couples we don't understand
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite