Simon Cowell Wonders If Hiring Britney Spears for 'X Factor' Was a Mistake
- Photo: Michael Carpenter/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: JM5/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Shirlaine Forrest/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Arnold Wells/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter7 of 9
- Photo: CHAB/TCAB/ZDS/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
Oops, she did it again: Britney Spears is back to behaving badly!
An insider says "The X Factor" creator Simon Cowell is already anxious about Spears' unpredictable behavior. "He wonders if hiring her was a mistake," a source tells Us Weekly.
The trouble began on May 24 at auditions in Austin. "When a contestant botched her hit 'Hold It Against Me,' she just left," says a witness. "She missed the next four auditions. People weren't sure if she was coming back." (Spears, 30, later tweeted, "LOL was just taking a little break people.")
Another issue? Her judging style.
A witness says that while Cowell, 52, L.A. Reid, 56, and Demi Lovato, 19, critiqued contestants, Spears "always said nice things, even telling one mediocre singer he could be 'bigger than Justin Bieber.' Simon was shocked!"
While an "X Factor" insider counters, "Simon doesn't regret hiring Britney, and as a judge, she had strong opinions," the first source cautions, "I don't know how she's going to handle the live shows!"
For more on Cowell's concerns over Spears, watch this week's Hot Stuff video, as told by Senior Editor Ian Drew and special guest, Bravo star Tabatha Coffey!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite