Simon Cowell Wonders If Hiring Britney Spears for 'X Factor' Was a Mistake
- Photo: Michael Carpenter/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: JM5/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Shirlaine Forrest/WireImage3 of 9
- Photo: Arnold Wells/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter7 of 9
- Photo: CHAB/TCAB/ZDS/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Oops, she did it again: Britney Spears is back to behaving badly!
An insider says "The X Factor" creator Simon Cowell is already anxious about Spears' unpredictable behavior. "He wonders if hiring her was a mistake," a source tells Us Weekly.
The trouble began on May 24 at auditions in Austin. "When a contestant botched her hit 'Hold It Against Me,' she just left," says a witness. "She missed the next four auditions. People weren't sure if she was coming back." (Spears, 30, later tweeted, "LOL was just taking a little break people.")
Another issue? Her judging style.
A witness says that while Cowell, 52, L.A. Reid, 56, and Demi Lovato, 19, critiqued contestants, Spears "always said nice things, even telling one mediocre singer he could be 'bigger than Justin Bieber.' Simon was shocked!"
While an "X Factor" insider counters, "Simon doesn't regret hiring Britney, and as a judge, she had strong opinions," the first source cautions, "I don't know how she's going to handle the live shows!"
For more on Cowell's concerns over Spears, watch this week's Hot Stuff video, as told by Senior Editor Ian Drew and special guest, Bravo star Tabatha Coffey!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite