Simon Cowell Won't Witness Baby's Birth, Hints He'll Marry Lauren Silverman
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Getty/Reuters5 of 12
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: WENN7 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com8 of 12
- Photo: Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: Raffi/NPG10 of 12
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- ESPN Combining Grantland, Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight, ESPN Films Into One UnitMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:24:00 AM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90
Big life changes are ahead for Simon Cowell! As Us Weekly exclusively reported in July, the 53-year-old "X Factor" mentor is expecting his first child with girlfriend Lauren Silverman. In a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday, Cowell opened up about the future plans he has for his family.
"I genuinely never thought [me being a father] was going to happen," Cowell admitted to Seacrest. "Partly because I was scared of who I was going to have kids with ... [but] Lauren and I get along really well and once I got used to the idea I thought, 'I think this is going to be very good.'"
Cowell and New York City socialite Silverman, 36, began their relationship while she was still married to Cowell's friend, Andrew Silverman. The estranged spouses, parents to son Adam, 7, settled their divorce Aug. 14 after 10 years of marriage.
Cowell hinted to Seacrest that he will be marrying Silverman. "Let's put it this way, I wouldn't expect her to be a single mother," he said.
Silverman may, however, be on her own in the delivery room. When Seacrest asked if Cowell would witness his baby's birth, the music mogul exclaimed, "Are you out of your mind?"
"I know this sounds awful, but it's like you don't want to go in to the restaurant while they're making your dinner," Cowell said. "I think there are certain things you shouldn't see and that is one of them. I'll be very close by, but no [I won't watch.]"
Though a source confirmed to Us earlier this month that Cowell is having a baby boy, the British star wouldn't confirm the gender to Seacrest. He did refer to the baby as a boy, however, while sharing a story about how he plans to make sure his child has an English accent. "I said to Lauren, 'What if I just play me on tape while the baby is sleeping so the baby can hear me and have a British accent,'" the former "American Idol" judge recalled. He jokingly added to Seacrest, "And his first words will be, 'You're absolutely useless!'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite