Simon Cowell Won't Witness Baby's Birth, Hints He'll Marry Lauren Silverman
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Getty/Reuters5 of 12
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: WENN7 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com8 of 12
- Photo: Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: Raffi/NPG10 of 12
- Photo: Jonathan Hordle/Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Big life changes are ahead for Simon Cowell! As Us Weekly exclusively reported in July, the 53-year-old "X Factor" mentor is expecting his first child with girlfriend Lauren Silverman. In a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday, Cowell opened up about the future plans he has for his family.
"I genuinely never thought [me being a father] was going to happen," Cowell admitted to Seacrest. "Partly because I was scared of who I was going to have kids with ... [but] Lauren and I get along really well and once I got used to the idea I thought, 'I think this is going to be very good.'"
Cowell and New York City socialite Silverman, 36, began their relationship while she was still married to Cowell's friend, Andrew Silverman. The estranged spouses, parents to son Adam, 7, settled their divorce Aug. 14 after 10 years of marriage.
Cowell hinted to Seacrest that he will be marrying Silverman. "Let's put it this way, I wouldn't expect her to be a single mother," he said.
Silverman may, however, be on her own in the delivery room. When Seacrest asked if Cowell would witness his baby's birth, the music mogul exclaimed, "Are you out of your mind?"
"I know this sounds awful, but it's like you don't want to go in to the restaurant while they're making your dinner," Cowell said. "I think there are certain things you shouldn't see and that is one of them. I'll be very close by, but no [I won't watch.]"
Though a source confirmed to Us earlier this month that Cowell is having a baby boy, the British star wouldn't confirm the gender to Seacrest. He did refer to the baby as a boy, however, while sharing a story about how he plans to make sure his child has an English accent. "I said to Lauren, 'What if I just play me on tape while the baby is sleeping so the baby can hear me and have a British accent,'" the former "American Idol" judge recalled. He jokingly added to Seacrest, "And his first words will be, 'You're absolutely useless!'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite