Simon Cowell's girlfriend finalizes divorce with strict custody rules
- Photo: DOBN/GSI1 of 9
- Photo: VLUV/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: YOGI/GSI3 of 9
- Photo: WBC/ZOJ/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: HGVC/GSI5 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 9
- Photo: Alan Chapman/FilmMagic/Getty Images North America8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Simon Cowell's pregnant girlfriend has finalized her divorce and agreed to keep her seven-year-old son with her ex away from the music mogul.
Socialite Lauren Silverman's husband of 10 years, Andrew, filed for divorce in New York in July, shortly after news leaked that she was carrying Cowell's baby.
The former couple managed to avoid a nasty court battle by reaching a mutual settlement in August, with Lauren receiving just over $2 million as per the terms of a prenuptial agreement.
Andrew Silverman had initially cited adultery for the split, but changed his reasoning to state that the marriage had "broken down irretrievably."
They agreed to share joint custody of their only child, Adam, with his mom receiving $3,000 a month in child support. The divorce was recently signed off by Manhattan State Supreme Court Justice Ellen Gesmer.
However, the stipulations for custody have been made very clear: Cowell must stay away from Adam until January, 2015, or risk having to pay a $50,000 penalty, and the boy cannot call anyone other than his biological parents mother or father, reports TMZ.com.
Andrew has also agreed not to talk trash about "The X Factor" boss to Adam or allow anyone else around the kid to make cutting remarks about Cowell.
Lauren is due to give birth in February.
Get out the vote
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite